Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit vs. Drop Zone >

Whisker Biscuit vs. Drop Zone

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit vs. Drop Zone

Old 02-09-2007, 04:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit vs. Drop Zone

Solid, simple to adjust, reliable, tough, accurate, quiet and full arrow containment...........decent price too.
This also describes the fall away that MANY of us here utilize. The QAD Ultra Rest.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:27 AM
Typical Buck

i prefer the whisker buscuit.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:07 AM

however when you pull the arrow back it makes a pretty loud noise as the arrow slides through the whiskers and when the fletchings fly through the whiskers it makes a noise that could cause an animal to jump or flinch. I use the whisker biscuit and love it
To quiet down your WB, try a little spray silicone in a rag & swipe your arrow. Also, someone here mentioned in an earlier thread about spraying the bristle w/silicone.
I 2 own a WB & like for hunting. 4 3-D shoots, a fall away would be more accurate.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:01 PM

I use the whisker as well on my Bruin.
For the noise try some silicone spray on it.
I switched to blazer vanes due to the
biskit dragging on 4 inch vanes, works
great.

06' PSE Bruin
Beaman arrows
Limbsavers
Team Primos Realease
Old 02-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

I like the drop zone. It is quiet, smooth and dependable.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:41 AM

I have a WB on my BowTech. I like it. I've never tried any other kind of rest, but I probably will just to see if I can tell a difference. A guy on another forum that I am member of works in a bow shop. They test the WB rest against the Rip Cordand said that as far as speed, the WB was about 4-6ft per second slower.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I'll throw my .02 cents in... but I think everyone knows my rest by now.LOL

The WB is a great rest, despite what many think of it. But like anything else you need to have the right equipment with it for it to work with little or no problem. Mine has no problem.

I shot with the 4" vanes and did see some differances in arrow flight.. rarely but enough to notice. Since going with the Blazer (due to gents on the website) I have not noticed a single arrow flying remotly inconsistent with another. If you go with the WB.. blazers are the only way to go.

It's a great rest for hunting, particularly for myself who hunts from the ground and the tree. But it's not a miracle rest.. you need to have it setup right to get good flight.. LOL.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:10 AM

whisker buscuit
Old 02-10-2007, 01:46 PM

I used the whisker biscuit last 2 years. I have just bought a bowtech guardian and switched to the rip cord drop away. this is a great arrow rest. runs about $80. has full vein clearance and works really well. the whisker biscuits plastic bristles began to wear out and i did not like it interfereing with the veins. it did work well for me, but the rip cord drop away is a great great arrow rest.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Put a drop zone on my Bowtech in '03 never looked back. GREAT rest

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit vs. Drop Zone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.