Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Riser.........What riser? >

Riser.........What riser?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Riser.........What riser?

Old 02-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Riser.........What riser?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Rick:

My secretary says you're hot (saw your avatar).

I'm just sayin.....
Yeah, since I grew my hair out the chicks can't keep their hands off me.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

In short, the bow is VERY compact, and shoots pretty good for an extremely short compact bow. It is not as forgiving as a longer ATA bow but is forgiving enough for the average guy to keep them in a softball sized group at 30 yards and in. They are a little bit louder than say a switchback XT or tribute, but still pretty quiet compared to the majority of bows out there now. They are a little bit more jumpy in the hand than a parallel limb bow but no more than any non parallel limb bow. You typically want one that will be almost an inch longer than your typical draw length to get some good contact on your face for anchor points because the string angle is so steep. You need to use their specific peep that comes with the bow. The one I was using last fall was a 60lb 30.5" draw and with a 315 grain arrow I was well into the 290's for speed.

I would not recommend this bow to a new shooter, and I would not recommend it as someones only bow. It is the perfect bow for those stands you know are going to produce very close shots in thick cover, and perfect for in the ground blind. You can sit on the ground with your back against a tree and your feet in front of you, and shoot anywhere you want with it. Thats the beauty of this bow. We put a LOT of them into the hands of hunters for this last season and in general they guys (average bowhunters) really like them tons. We have not had an abnormal amount of service for them either, they seem to hold up well.

One of our shop shooters shot one last summer in the senior class at all the local 3D events just to showcase the bow and never lost an event with his, so they can shoot very well if you do your part. He keeps ACE's in a softball sized group at 70 meters with it and managed to mount a copper john ants on the bow. If you do your part they are VERY capable of being extremely accurate.

Feel free to ask me questions if you guys have any that I haven't covered.

Here is a video of me shooting one and a few pics.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v283/ringostar40/?action=view&current=LibertyVideos004.flv

Old 02-10-2007, 01:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats wild!
Old 02-10-2007, 11:13 AM

JUNK!!!!!! Most unforgiving bow i have ever shot, and the hand shock almost hurts[:'(]
Old 02-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt, you look better with your hair longer and red [8D]