Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 which pack for bowhunting? >

which pack for bowhunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

which pack for bowhunting?

Old 02-09-2007, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: which pack for bowhunting?

Is there a dedicated web site for black creek packs? I googled them and found that Archery Sports USA carries one, but I'd like to see details on the rest of their line. Does the owner have a web site to check out?

ORIGINAL: Elkcrazy8

Have you checked out Blacks Creek packs yet???
Old 02-09-2007, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've always been a hardcore Badlands guy, but since I seen these new Timberhawk packs, I just might have to try one. From experience, I can guarantee you the Badlands packs are top notch. I have a Monstor fannypack that I really like. Its not huge, but will carry a ton of stuff when needed.

Whatever pack you decide on, make sure there are lashing straps on the outside of it to lash your jacket or other clothes to. This makes a big difference if you have to walk a ways to your treestand and risk sweating up too much.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Badlands all the way. Not only because they have awesome packs, but are even a better company with amazing customer service. I'll be a Badlands owner for life. Plus they made some big improvements in their 07 packs. I was able to check them out at the ATA show. They're not available yet, but it's worth the wait for the 07 models, IMO
Old 02-09-2007, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear Samsonite is coming out with some camo products.

Methods USA all the way. A company that pays me to advertise because they don't charge an arm and leg for a yard of fabric, some string and plastic catchs. Great 2300 cu.in pack, quiet, water proof and tough. Less than 30 bucks to your door.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:42 AM

yah i think the badlands pack is looking good to me. but im still undecided.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

Is there a dedicated web site for black creek packs? I googled them and found that Archery Sports USA carries one, but I'd like to see details on the rest of their line. Does the owner have a web site to check out?

ORIGINAL: Elkcrazy8

Have you checked out Blacks Creek packs yet???
http://www.blacks-creek.com/
Old 02-09-2007, 02:19 PM

Actually the horn hunter looks awesome. wait I give the timberhawk a lengther look and its nice.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Timberhawk is a good product! You may want to give the Timberhawk "Rut Buster" a try also.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:04 PM

i havnt field tested them so i would be able to tell you really which one to choose i have several
Old 02-10-2007, 01:15 AM

I used a blacks creek alaskan last year on 2 wilderness elk bivy hunts. Good pack. That's it, not great, but good. It became a little squeaky under heavy load and it is 3000 CI expandible to 4000. Only problem is when you expand it the main compartment cannot be zipped up? Not all that great if you ask me. This year I've definitely upgraded a notch or 2. The pack is called the eberlestock "just one" J104. You can find it at eberlestock.com. It starts at 2100 CI and has the ability to expand all the way up to 7100 CI. Although this may sound a bit like a sales gimmick, believe me it is not. This pack IS the real deal. I can guarentee you you cannot get a better pack for $230. There's a guy on archerytalk.com free classifieds selling them for $200 and I paid $30 for the spike camp duffel. I have no doubt that my J104 will haul alot more weight than I could, it's quiet, and very thoughtfully laid out. There warrenty is as good as any, except when you have a quality issue you deal directly with the owner of the company not someone who has to get permission to make a decision about your issue. You owe it to yourself to research this pack. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: which pack for bowhunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.