Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

sunglasses?

Old 02-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default sunglasses?

I was wanting to know if anyone wears sunglasses when bowhunting? I was hunting a new spot last year. It's a pretty thick treeline that comes off a10 acre timber. This treeline is over looking a cornfield. The other side of this treeline is a big cow pasture (cows are gone when temp get cold). Anyway the only way I can point my stand to watch the field and the timber/creek on the otherside(120 yrds) is to point my stand straight west. The sun is terrible when its going down. Finally when its down enough to see pretty good you have about 20 minutes left to hunt.

I know, only hunt when it cloudy... Just was curious if sunglasses has helped anyone out. I wear glasses and would probably go with a prescription pair of sunglassesif I bought any!

Thanks!
crutch
Old 02-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: sunglasses?

i wear my polarized oakleys in the stand all the time. helps keep the wind outta my eyes so they don't tear up on them cold days too.

but i hunt one stand facing west on the edge of a field and wear the oakleys to keep from getting a migraine.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:32 PM

I wear a pair of polarized shades all the time. I have pretty sensitive eyes and wear them a lot of times when it's not even that bright outside. You may want to consider different kinds of shooting glasses too, some with the interchangable lenses may be helpful for you.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Banned

I have a pair of those camo lensed ones for real sunny days. They really camo the exposed part of your face and visibility is unaffected by the camo.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:46 PM

I have never wore sunglasses when hunting, but like you said that glare at sundown and even sun-up can be pretty harsh when situated just right.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I have a pair of those camo lensed ones for real sunny days. They really camo the exposed part of your face and visibility is unaffected by the camo.
Ditto
Old 02-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Dominant Buck

How do they work with your peep sight? I've just begun shooting with my glasses on, indoors, and it takes a bit of getting used to. I can't see through my bino's with my glasses on.....so they'd be useless.

Do you guys have any issues with your binos? Peep?
Old 02-07-2007, 02:13 PM

I keep meaning to get a pair of these:

http://www.camovision.com/camoglasses1.htm

But I wear eyeglasses and would have to use the clip ons.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

How do they work with your peep sight? I've just begun shooting with my glasses on, indoors, and it takes a bit of getting used to. I can't see through my bino's with my glasses on.....so they'd be useless.

Do you guys have any issues with your binos? Peep?
Some binos just don't have enough eye relief to work well with glasses, but most quality ones have fold down or twist down eyecups so you can put the binos closer to your glasses so they wil work.

I have a cheap pair of Tasco 10x40s that I can't see out of with my glasses, but my bushnell 8x25s work just fine. perhaps it's the smaller exit pupil?
Old 02-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Trembow

I keep meaning to get a pair of these:

http://www.camovision.com/camoglasses1.htm

But I wear eyeglasses and would have to use the clip ons.
I have these. No problem with my peep or shooting.

Quick Reply: sunglasses?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.