Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter? >

Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

Old 02-06-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

It seems that things are far too easy on t.v. I wish there was a show or DVDs that appealed more to how things really happen in the hunting woods. I don't know about you all, but things are not always as easy and flawless as these showsmake them out to be. What do you think?
Old 02-07-2007, 01:20 AM

Default RE: Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

Average Joe hunts wouldn't sell.

As a consumer, I'm not going to spend $9.99 for a two hour DVD filled with "almosts" and "could-have-beens."

I buy DVD's for two reasons;

1) They're informative

or

2) They shot quite a few successful hunts

If you were to compile a DVD filled with how an Average Joe's real hunting season goes, it just wouldn't sell.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:52 AM

Default RE: Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

new here, my 2cents is not even close. however, i prefer the shows that show the missed shots and prefer the smaller more local video guys to the large score everytime guys.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:07 AM

The hunts on the private ranches and such are just entertainment for me.
I enjoy Mark and Terry Drurry the most. They are real hunts from different parts of the country with teams of hunters that are the average guys.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:14 AM

The one thing to remember too is editting. Yes these people hunt private game ranches that are just crawling with all sorts of game. But a lot of the footage gets editted.

I think it would be cool to see a show of average people scouting their hunting spots and doing all the prep work that goes into hunting with an informative narrator. Then maybe show a clip of the person with their reward at the end and have a different Person/Area every week.

Just an idea I came up with right now.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:23 AM
Typical Buck

well i like them shows where they go to the average joes house and surprise him then take him on the hunting trip of a lifetime that he always wanted to do but never could
Old 02-07-2007, 05:32 AM
Dominant Buck

No, they don't accurately depict us because they're works of fantasy deisgned to get our attention long enough to put products in front of us. I've more than once had to explain to an inquisitive non-hunter that those shows aren't even remotely close to what real hunting is, that they're basically infomercials and nothing more.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Theyre not supposed to represent the average hunter, they are entretainment just like any other reality show on television.I watch them because they contain animals Ill never see in places Ill more then likely never hunt.And as Kevin pointed out they push thier products in them.

Im not sure how they would represent what the average hunter does and not come across as boring.I deer hunt approximately 90 days a year.In that time frame Ill shoot my bow/gun maybe 3 or 4 times at animals.How entertaining are the other 86 days of my season going to be to watch on television?Not very, its fun for me but I wouldnt care to sit and watch it television.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:07 AM

I dislike most hunting shows. There is nothing out of place and everything is for selling products. If you guys want to watch average joes hunting you should buy Bentley Coben's "Saskathewan Trophy Bucks". These guysshoot monster bucks in canada. They show all of the misses and these are real people. They don't dress perfect and their cloths might not have been pressed before recording the video, they sure don't actobnoxious like many do on these other shows. Well worth buying if you are sick of they hollywood type hunting shows. Most important, LOTS OF BIG BUCKS IN THE WILD. The only shows that I would reccomend forreal people. www.bentleycoben.com
Old 02-07-2007, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hate them all and how they depict us.
They do no scouting, they rarely hang there own stand, Sombody does everything for them all they do is sit there and make the shot. And they are almonst always successful. Sure they make some good shots, but if that was your only job I'm sure you would be a great shot too. The biggest names are the worst. Belive me when I say the newest and worst hunters (not necessarly the same)could go out and do the same thing thesepeople do. And fools like us will keep paying them to do it. If this is howyou hunt I'm sorry for you as you are missing the whole thing.

Quick Reply: Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.