HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   New Reflex bows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/178874-new-reflex-bows.html)

elkbane 02-03-2007 09:33 PM

New Reflex bows

I just checked the Reflex website and it looks like they have replaced all of their old bows except for the Carribou. I have last year's Super Slam and I know a lot of people liked the Highlander, as well. It looks like Reflex has gone to the parallel limb design with it's new bows. The Ridgeline looks a lot like a Hoyt Trykon or Vetrix. Does anyone know ifthe Ridgelineis just a cheaper version of one of these Hoyt bows coming out of the same factory, or is a different design that is unique to Reflex?

Dubbya 02-03-2007 09:48 PM

RE: New Reflex bows

The ridgeline is specific to reflex, they are different axel to axel lengths and the riser design is fairly different.

Matt/TN 02-03-2007 10:14 PM

well the rifdgeline is selling for $599

the growler for $449

the rampage for 499

and thats all i know,well i also know that www.huntersfriend.com is gonna offer the ridgeline and the growler in a package deal

GooseHunter Jr. 02-03-2007 10:25 PM

Good looking bows..I bought my Highlander last year when it first cam out and could not be happier!!

mauser06 02-03-2007 11:05 PM

love my highlander. i really think they should kept it..it was made roughly 6 months or so..it was the top seller at huntersfriend and most likely a very good seller most other places. everyone i know on these forums that has one loves it. i dont know..i think they could had another good year with it..guess they are tryin to push their new stuff..and its all higher priced..

mobow 02-03-2007 11:05 PM

Reflex is indeed causing a stir this year. That Ridgeliner is a good shooter, fast, quiet, and fairly smooth. Not as smooth as some, not as harsh as others. Certainly a bow worth looking at.

Matt/TN 02-03-2007 11:09 PM

i think they are really trying to step up to the parallel limb age and try to attract more higher paying buyers. IMO thats why they dropped the highlander,

mobow 02-04-2007 06:56 AM

You're close. They aren't specifically looking for higher paying buyers.....Their prices are right on track with most others.What's the price of that Ross you are looking at? $599 I believe you said, right? The MOST expensive Reflex is just that, $599. They are trying to make a serious name for themselves in an INCREDIBLY competitive market. The Highlander was nothing more than a Hoyt UltraSport. Same riser and everything. In fact, MOST of the Reflex line were just "hand me down" Hoyts. The Excursion, the old MT Sport..Anyway, they Hoyt line was totally redone this year as well, so is Reflex. It's a tough world out there, and Reflex is merely trying to be at the top.