Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 They think there bow hunters >

They think there bow hunters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

They think there bow hunters

Old 02-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default They think there bow hunters

Was watching Bowhunter tv today and they were hunting some ranch in Texas that was plum over flowing with good bucks... Anyhow the host of the show shot a awsomw buck(150-170 class) and was passing on book deer all week... On the last day of the hunt he shoots a nice drop tine 10 point and as he was giving the interview he was saying how he was getting nerves because he thought he might not get his second buck...

Christ my 13 year old nephew could of killed two book deer on these places and he's never deer hunted!!!

IMHO these guy and anybody who hunts places like this are not hunters!!!

Old 02-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: They think there bow hunters

he probably only paid for a certain deer or something like that. it's sad.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Come on. They're hunters just lazy ones. I can't fault anyone who shoots just because they have the means of going where their odds are better. I personally have access to hundreds of places but hunt about a dozen or so because there are so many deer.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

Come on. They're hunters just lazy ones. I can't fault anyone who shoots just because they have the means of going where their odds are better.
Amen!!!! Besides, just because there are more deer around doesn't guarentee you a deer. You still have to outsmart a mature deers sences and if you get that far you have to make a killing shot. Easier said than done.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

Come on. They're hunters just lazy ones. I can't fault anyone who shoots just because they have the means of going where their odds are better.
Amen!!!! Besides, just because there are more deer around doesn't guarentee you a deer. You still have to outsmart a mature deers sences and if you get that far you have to make a killing shot. Easier said than done.
I'm in agreement here. A lot of where these guys hunt is all about $$$$. They go there to promote the ranch, in turn they get extremely reduced rates or hunt for free. I can't blame them here though. Anybody who has the money to go hunt, or the means to go hunt where there is an abundance of deer, good for them. I can't do it. I admit I'm jealous sometimes that they get to go to awesome places, but hey that's the business end of the deal.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

I totally agree with you longbeard. I dont know if I would call it hunting, more likely call it harvesting. I dont think you can classify these hunting farms as "fair-chase". Another downfall of these ranches and game farms is it gives the rest of us hunters a bad image. Non-hunters see this on tv and do not realize the effort and skill in taking a good buck. They only see a hunter sitting in comfortable box shooting into a pasture of deer.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Banned

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$
Old 02-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Somebody scouts for them. Somebody sets their stands. Somebody supplemental feeds (or feeds in a LOT of instances) for them.

They're pretty good shots, some of them.

The only difference between them and us is that's what they've chosen to do with their lives.....and they've become successful at getting in the right places.

It's not for me....and I have no aspirations for that life. I take 'em for what they are........field figure heads for the manufacturers. They're serving a purpose.....but when I really stop and think about it....I have a hard time understanding how the shows are successful.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

While it's true that it's different..if HNI ran a contest to give-away such a hunt..can you honestly say you wouldn't sign-up???

I know I would, as often as possible. Most would, just some wouldn't admit it!
Old 02-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

If it's not a cage and it's legal, I'll hunt those stands. I won't spend my $ to do so at least, I won't where the head gear determines the price.

Quick Reply: They think there bow hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.