Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Spend my $900.00 >

Spend my $900.00

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spend my $900.00

Old 02-01-2007, 11:23 AM

Default RE: Spend my $900.00

ORIGINAL: RMA

It really comes down to which bow you feel most comfortable with and shoot the best. I would go to your local pro shop and try a few out and then get opinions from the group. Just my 2 cents.
Yes it does, you're absolutely right. However, when a guy kinda doesn't know what's what and is a first time new bow buyer, just the feel of a bow alonemight not be the best determining factor in the purchase. If there are things I should bewatching out for, this is where you guys come in. For example, there is a new bow that has super skinny split limbs (I can't remember which one it is) but already therewas areport of the limbs letting loose and breaking. These are some of the things I want you guys to help me be aware of. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Buster T

Go to EBAY, buy a fully decked out Mathews Q2, '04 model or so, spend $400 and take the other $500 and buy something else
Only that would defeat the purpose of treating myself to a new toy.

EDIT: not only that, there's no way of knowing if the bow was ever abused or dropped or kicked or thrown. Know what I mean?
Old 02-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, for $950 you can get a full set up like I got. Diamond Black Ice, Cobra Sidewinder, 1/2 dozen Gold Tips, Doinker stabilizer, and Dropzone rest.The Black Ice fits both your requirements, and your wallet, and its just a great bow.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:09 PM

I would consider the tribute and also the allegiance although the allegiance is 34 ata. Actually the alley would be my first choice, I just listed the tribute first because it met your ata standard.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:05 PM

I havent shot the Vulcan yet. The proshop around here I dont think even has them yet they have been waiting forever. But form what I hear about them they are great bows and should be exactly what you are looking for. Go over to www.archerytalk.com and go to the bowhunting use the search for the Vulcan and you should find the tread I am talking about. Hope this helps ya. Just remeber this Hoyts are always the best.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:37 PM

Only that would defeat the purpose of treating myself to a new toy.

EDIT: not only that, there's no way of knowing if the bow was ever abused or dropped or kicked or thrown. Know what I mean?
Check the seller out and make sure they've have reputable dealings. Ask questions. There is a small chance of getting screwed - but often enough new bows come with issues too.

I'm a scrooge - I rarely pay full price for ANYTHING. I research the bows I buy (and I've bought/sold/traded maybe 75-100 bows over the last 3 years) and I rarely lose money or recieve a bow thats not as advertised.

For me ? I'd get a Mathews, a 2004/05 model, a hunting rig that someones wanted to sell to do what you're wanting to do - buy the latest and greatest tricked out bow. Let them spend that extra $500 ........ you ? Take the deal, you got a great hunting bow and $400-500 to spend on other hunting stuff.

Thats just me ........
Old 02-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Dominant Buck

After spending 2 days shooting the Bowtech Guardian, Bowtech Commander and the Hoyt Vectrix...I'd say your search should begin and end there. Guardian is shorter axle to axle, really fast and an absolute joy to shoot. The Commander is basically the same bow in a longer axle to axle and about 10 fps slower. The Vectrix is closer to the Guardian in axle to axle...also a great shoote. My favorite of the three was the Guardian. You really should shoot them all. Len set them all up with the same poundage, draw length etc. We were shooting 65 pounds, 28 inch draw, 451 grain arrows in the 263-265 fps range.