Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For those you took Bucks this year! >

For those you took Bucks this year!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For those you took Bucks this year!

Old 01-31-2007, 09:50 PM

Default RE: For those you took Bucks this year!

I had seen my8 pointer three other times before I got the drop on him.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:51 PM
Fork Horn

Well, DANG! Posted before I read all the responses. Since this is the bowhunter forum, I originally only posted my archery buck. Here is his story: I saw him for the first time at noon on Saturday, November 19, 2006. I moved my stand about 60 yards for the next hunt, whichwas Friday, November 25 and I made good on the opportunity provided at roughly 9am. I passed LOTS of archery bucks before I saw this guy.

I had tons of trail cam images of the 9 point buck I took early muzzleloader season.

It was the first time I had seen the twelve point I took during shotgun season (with my Savage ML10II).
Old 01-31-2007, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the buck the first time I saw him. However, the day before I connected, I saw 5 different bucks...

I moved stands...and waalaa!

Victory.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw my buck 2 times prior to harvesting him. Twice in Mid-August, and then harvesting him in Mid-October. I have several game camera pictures of him from early September. When I arrowed him in October it was the first time to see him out of velvet.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never seen him before...but I guess when you take him after being in the woods 20 minutes on the first morning hunting, you probably wouldn't have seen him before. I did have multiple pictures of him though.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

last year i saw my buck 2 times i shot at him on nov 18 and go him nov.20
Old 02-01-2007, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I saw the buck that I killed several times. I'd head out to the farm to glass, and he was one of the deer that I got to look at on a pretty regular basis. He had a mismatched set of antlers, with the left side almost going straight up, andthe main beam flattened out- which made him real easy to i.d.I'd decided pre-season thathe was far too small to shoot. I'd say that I got to glass himat least 4-5 times total, but when he came throughon the second-to-last day ofarchery season, that was the first time I'd seen him from the treestand. With nasty weather moving in that evening, it was probably my last shot at a legal buck, so I decided to take him.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

I saw my buck on 3 other occassions in the same week. He came out and I of course was in the wrong stand 3 times, the 4th time I was again, in the wrong stand but my River Valley Deer Flute pulled him the 200 yards that time.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

I shot two this year and never saw either one until just before
the arrows flew.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why so much talk about gun kills?

Anyway, the buck I shot I may have seen over the summer while spotting. I saw a nice bachelor group that he may have(probably was) a part of. He was probably the overall biggest of the group.

Quick Reply: For those you took Bucks this year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.