Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ok, I thought I'd share. (Rememberance to my father) >

Ok, I thought I'd share. (Rememberance to my father)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ok, I thought I'd share. (Rememberance to my father)

Old 01-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ok, I thought I'd share. (Rememberance to my father)

I don't know if anyone would read this or not. However, since I consider this site my home forum and respect many, many people here, I thought I'd share this.

On November 30, 2006, my father, and my hero, passed away due to complications from a series of lung diseases. During this time, my whole life crashed down around me. To my father and I, hunting was a lifestyle. We spent day after day, throughout the year in the woods of PA, hiking, photographing and hunting. I owe everything I am to him and I thank him and god for this everyday. Since his passing, I quickly realized what is important in life and how much my life revolved around him. Now, I feel like everything I am, I owe to him. Its easy to forget how much a person means to you until that person is gone. Right now, even though its been almost 2 months, I feel a major void in my life. Most of the things I love most in life, I got from him. Its really hard to put into words. So many things I never got to share with him and so many memories I have. My father hunged most of the country, unfortunately ,while I was too young to share.So many times, we planned todo a west hunt, only to have hisillness cut our plansshot. His greatest hunting accomplishment was a 158 3/8 whitetail taken from our farm in 2005. It saddens me to think of future hunting seasons without him.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this. If you have a person in your life who got you started in hunting, and brought you up right, make sure you love them. Make sure that person realizes how you feel. You never know what cards will be dealt to you next. With each passing day, things get a little easier for me, however, I will never forget where I came from and who, my father, brought me up right.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:40 PM

Default RE: Ok, I thought I'd share.

Muzzy, just remember that no matter where your travels may take you, your father will always be right there with you.

The relationship you had with him sounds a lot like the one I've got with my dad. A lot of the time I take for granted that he'll always be around, thanks for the reminder to appreciate him while he's here.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:40 PM

I agree friend. Very nice rememberance. I can relate....lost my best friend while we were fishing last spring....

I gather you're thinking about him a lot lately, hence the post. All I can say is lean on God....and don't ever forget.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

sounds like he was a great Dad and im sure you miss him. keep him strong in your heart and remember your apart of him. sorry for your loss.
Dan
Old 01-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

You are blessed. and thats what time in the field with dad is supose to be. We are here only for a short time and then its up to you to pass it on to your son or daughter. I treat every season with my boy as if were going to be my last. I Just had a bout with cancer and Im only 39 years old. I havent got near enought year afield with my son yet as he's only 15 and the lord saw fit to give me a few more seasons. Point is Im sure those memories of you and your dad are well erned and you will be fond of him for ever. Just passthe gift Dad gave youforward. and every time you harvest a buck give a little nodd to the sky and say Thanks POP. Peace Rich
Old 01-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Muzz ... my prayers are with you and your family. Your post was touching ... God bless you.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Host of Hosts

Its really hard to put into words
Muzzy, I think you put it into words just fine. You might not realize this either, but your dad obviously raised you to be a fine man. Your words say alotto those who will read them. Most "men" would never even think about writing their feeling and emotions down for everyone to read. I don't want to sound corny, but you've shown yourself to be a great son and a person of good character. Your dad lives on in you.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, thank you so much. Since his passing, I've made it a point to tell everyone to make the most of each day you have with your loved ones, especially a parent. Who the heck knows what lies ahead for us. Everything with my dad happened so quickly, within a matter of months. My dad wrote me a letter, one which I wasn't to read until after his passing. He told me to be myself and be proud of who I am. I'll carry those words the rest of my life. Hunting, archery and the outdoors is who I am. My father brought me up that way. I don't have an addiction to drugs, alchohol etc. What I do have an addiction to is the outdoors and hunting. Thank god my father intoduced me to that addiction.

Thank you all for your kind words during this "down time" i'm having.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:13 PM
Typical Buck

MUZZY IF YOUR EVER OUT OREGON WAY MY SON AND i WELCOME YOU TO OUR CAMP.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:55 PM

Default RE: Ok, I thought I'd share. (Rememberance to my father)

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

His greatest hunting accomplishment was a 158 3/8 whitetail taken from our farm in 2005.
From the way you speak of him it sounds to me like his greatest hunting accomplishments had nothing to do with a deer. I have a VERY similar relationship with my father and I feel fortunate to understand and appreciate that while we are still hunting together. I can't even begin to count the number of deer we have all killed over the past 20 years............but the memories of all the lunches shared on the tailgate, weekends at the cabin, walks in the woods, and having the same smile cross my face when I hear his stories for the 1,000 time.......as I did the first.........THAT is what I will always treasure.

Your dad sounds like he was a good man. The best thing you can do now is pass on to others all the great things he shared with you.

A part of my joy for hunting will be lost forever the day my father is no longer out there with us.

Thanks for the reminder and very nice rememberance of your dad.

Quick Reply: Ok, I thought I'd share. (Rememberance to my father)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.