HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Do you want Ted Nugent as your figure head for bow hunters? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/177172-do-you-want-ted-nugent-your-figure-head-bow-hunters.html)

indianahunter83 01-25-2007 10:41 AM

Do you want Ted Nugent as your figure head for bow hunters?

I sure don't! There has been a lot of argument recently and I just wanted to see how people stand.

GMMAT 01-25-2007 10:43 AM

RE: Do you want Ted Nugent as your figure head for bow hunters?

Giveme a Fred Eichle (SP?) or a Dave Watson.....or the guys from Bowhunter magazine. They "get it", in my opinion.

Campo 01-25-2007 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: indianahunter83

I sure don't! There has been a lot of argument recently and I just wanted to see how people stand.
If Teg Nugent became the ambassador of bowhunting, I would lay down my bow and take up spear throwing!!!

I dont use the word "hate" often, but I HATE Ted Nugent.
JMHO

Jackson Bowner 01-25-2007 10:49 AM

I think many of us here in Michigan (and especially in his former hometown of Jackson) were pretty happy to see him take up residence in the great state of Texas...:D Loved him as a muscian. Used to go to a small establishment in Bay City back in the late '60's to watch Ted Nugent and the Amboy Dukes play (along with Seger and quite a few upcoming stars). Never saw a guy who could play guitar with his teeth better than most could play with their fingers. But music is music...huntin' is huntin' and although I am glad he is a visible advocate for the sport, I just dont' care for the way he goes about it. It is just a personal preference and I know many will slam me for my opinion. I do however respect your opinion, even if it is of an opposing point of view.

GMMAT 01-25-2007 10:55 AM

Don....that;'s not fair you voting for hoytgirl, too

:D

bowtech die hard 01-25-2007 10:56 AM

IMO I think he's one of the greatest advocates our sport has ever seen. Don't bash me for it, just mho.

GMMAT 01-25-2007 11:02 AM

bowtech:

I don't think nyone here would bash you for that....or TED! He's a heckuva advocate.

That wasn't the question, though. I agree with you....and I respect Ted for theGOOD hedoes for hunting.

But I voted "NO"

MC Bowhunter 01-25-2007 11:03 AM

You nailed it GMMAT. Fred Eichler is perfect for it. He's a great guy.
Book a hunt with him. You will have a great time.

MC

bowtech die hard 01-25-2007 11:06 AM

ORIGINAL: MC Bowhunter

You nailed it GMMAT. Fred Eichler is perfect for it. He's a great guy.
Book a hunt with him. You will have a great time.

MC
I actually really like Fred Eichler as well. Had there been a choice my vote may have went for him. I really enjoy his videos, and his show. I watched a coastal grizzly hunt of his where he shot this huge grizz as it stood up to get a look at him. One of the coolest videos i've seen to this day. Plus it's cool that he does his hunting with the recurve. Very respectable IMO.

pyclub1 01-25-2007 11:15 AM

He is a good advocate/mouth and that is it, If he didnt have the money and noteriuty as a musican he would never have a show..I personally cant stand watching the show or him for that matter..He isnt educational at all as far as I am concerned and is absoulutly annoying with the spirit crap, he is good for the sport as a vocal and thats it in my opinion, gotta go with indianahunter, fred eichler would be a great candidate for the position, educational, fair chase, very well rounded as a hunter and hunts so many things and seems very ethical...