Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you want Ted Nugent as your figure head for bow hunters? >

Do you want Ted Nugent as your figure head for bow hunters?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
38.75%
No
61.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Do you want Ted Nugent as your figure head for bow hunters?

Old 01-25-2007, 11:18 AM

Default RE: Do you want Ted Nugent as your figure head for bow hunters?

ORIGINAL: MC Bowhunter

You nailed it GMMAT. Fred Eichler is perfect for it. He's a great guy.
Book a hunt with him. You will have a great time.

MC
Fred gets my vote too!
Old 01-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Banned

I don't want any one guy to be considered my "figurehead," so I did not vote. I like all of the well known bowhunters pretty well and they all help make the sport grow. My favorite famous bowhunter to watch or ifgiven a chance to hunt with is Fred Eishler, hands down. The dude gets it done with either recurve or compound. He has taken just about every big game Pope and Young animal except for two, I believe. The guy isn't cocky, wears no name brand mismatched camo anddoesn't stand there and promote products while in the field. Chuck Adams and Dwight S. are right up there with him as far as being accomplished, respectedbowhunters in the spotlight right now.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:51 AM

Cannibals and useful idiots
The following is real, and it’s here.

Joe Hunter goes to a cocktail party, nothing fancy, just a holiday gathering in Anytown, USA. A conversation begins with Bob Peta, it goes something like this;
Say Joe, didn’t you go deer hunting this year. Sure did Bob. Man that’s, uh, great, did you get one? Yep, sure did, nice 6 point. Uh, wow, hey that’s great. Say listen Joe, yer a true hunter, a ”Real” hunter are you not? Yes, I sure am. Say, I hear tell of a kinda huntin where people can go and kill animals in fenced in areas. You’ve never done that have you? No, no I haven’t. Well I wouldn’t call that “real” hunting, would you Joe. Well, that’s not the way I hunt. I know Joe, but there are people that hunt in fenced areas, I don’t think that’s “Really” hunting, do you Joe. Well, uh, I guess not. Great, say listen Joe, a bunch of us concerned “Real” hunters are trying to get that done away with, we feel that it is unethical. Will you help us Joe? Well sure, because that’s not the way I hunt, and I am a “Real” hunter. Say thanks Joe; here is what we need you to do. As a “real” hunter, the big boys in senate and congress will listen to you; they know that any “Real” hunter only hunts the way you do, and that’s the only “Real” hunting there is. So what we need you to do is get out there and get petitions signed, people will sign them because you are a “Real” hunter and know that only your way of hunting is the “Real” way. So Joe diligently goes after the goal, to ban and outlaw any kind of hunting that Bob suggests is not “Real” hunting. He gathers signatures, petitions courts, makes meetings, he is really cleaning up this “unethical” way of hunting. Hell, he’s got a lot of support. He’s gathering “Real” hunters from all over, and finally, after much hard work, they get a legal way of hunting banned.
Joe, you did great and we sure appreciate your hard work, but hey, let me tell you what I heard about. There is another kind of hunting “We” think is not right. Do you think you can help us? Well, I guess so Bob, I don’t hunt like that, so it’s not “Real” hunting. How can I help? Well, here is what we need……., and it’s the same story. Odd how Bob seems to keep adding onto the list of what “Real” hunting is, but Joe goes at it hard and heavy, and in the end, he gets that type of legal hunting banned. Bob and his “Friends” are happy. Joe’s a “Real” hunter after all, and these other guy’s, well, they are not, because the way they hunt is different from Joe, and Joe does not like that type of hunting, so what’s the harm in getting rid of it? Joe’s a “Real” hunter you know. Not like those other guys. He even goes to Sportsman’s organizations and recruits from within, it’s easy because there are a lot of “Real” hunters there. Time passes and more and more legal forms of hunting are banned. Bob and his “friends” are happy with Joe. He’s been a big help.
After it’s all just about gone, Bob and his “friends” decide that it is time to get Joe’s way of hunting banned, the final chapter. Bob, uh, hey buddy, this is Joe. I know I helped you get rid of all those other forms of legal hunting, but now there is a move to get rid of the way I hunt. Well Joe, I know. My “friends” and I are spearheading that. But Bob, I thought you liked the way I hunt, that it was ok for me to do the type of hunting I do. Well Joe, no, any and all types of hunting are bad, the poor defenseless animals never have a chance, and we dislike, actually hate hunters. But I thought the way I hunted was “Real” hunting to you. Hell Joe, it was all “ Real” hunting, but we at PETA Hate you, but thanks for all your help, we really appreciate it. You see, what Joe became was a “Cannibal”. A “Useful Idiot” to the anti’s and PETA. They don’t give a rat’s ass how you hunt, what you hunt, or when you hunt. They just want all hunting done away with. They use hunters against hunters to gain support for their “Causes”. If you do not support any and all forms of legal hunting, and decide to pick and chose the ones you like and dislike, and voice any decent about the way someone else legally hunts, you are in fact, a “Cannibal” and a very very “Useful Idiot” for the enemy.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

NOPE!!! Like I said it ain't Ted, Fred Eichler is also on my list of worthy Bowhunter's. Watch how fast the % changes When thay get wind of it over on the General's site, his troop's will Invade! I was on his site last night and found it funny that most of them spoke in some sort of Klingon. That Rude and Ignorant is Cool!Also that anyone that did not Belive in the Generals philosophy was a Uneducated, Morionic, Inbred Chimp! (Now that will get my vote) And that someone that preaches Freedom of speach till death, is so quick to censor anything derogatory. you get your head, Oops I mean post cut off !!!
Old 01-25-2007, 12:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

The problem with these other guys is that they don't put it right in the anti's faces like Ted does. At least I don't see it on any kind of main stream media.They aren't "in the spotlight" IMO. The promote hunting and all but they don't lay it out there for the world to see like Ted does.

While Ted may be a bit on the strange side he gets right in the faces of the anti hunters and tree huggers with what really happens in life and death and makes no apologies about it.

He is the extreme personality that ison the side of hunting and gun ownership that needs to be there to put the extremists on the anti side of hunting and gunsin their place. They put it right in our face and we need people like Ted to put it right back in their face.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Crittergiter

You should at least signTed's name when you use his quotes.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: _Dan

You should at least signTed's name when you use his quotes.

Dan, I was thinking the same thing

Old 01-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's funny Dan, I thought the same thing, Stright from Teds Lips to his post. Although he comes across with a point, they can't help but throw in a remark like Cannibalistic Idiots. Put one bean in the pot, take one bean out!
Old 01-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

The following is real, and it’s here.

Joe Hunter goes to a cocktail party, nothing fancy, just a holiday gathering in Anytown, USA. A conversation begins with Bob Peta, it goes something like this;
Say Joe, didn’t you go deer hunting this year. Sure did Bob. Man that’s, uh, great, did you get one? Yep, sure did, nice 6 point. Uh, wow, hey that’s great. Say listen Joe, yer a true hunter, a ”Real” hunter are you not? Yes, I sure am. Say, I hear tell of a kinda huntin where people can go and kill animals in fenced in areas. You’ve never done that have you? No, no I haven’t. Well I wouldn’t call that “real” hunting, would you Joe. Well, that’s not the way I hunt. I know Joe, but there are people that hunt in fenced areas, I don’t think that’s “Really” hunting, do you Joe. Well, uh, I guess not. Great, say listen Joe, a bunch of us concerned “Real” hunters are trying to get that done away with, we feel that it is unethical. Will you help us Joe? Well sure, because that’s not the way I hunt, and I am a “Real” hunter. Say thanks Joe; here is what we need you to do. As a “real” hunter, the big boys in senate and congress will listen to you; they know that any “Real” hunter only hunts the way you do, and that’s the only “Real” hunting there is. So what we need you to do is get out there and get petitions signed, people will sign them because you are a “Real” hunter and know that only your way of hunting is the “Real” way. So Joe diligently goes after the goal, to ban and outlaw any kind of hunting that Bob suggests is not “Real” hunting. He gathers signatures, petitions courts, makes meetings, he is really cleaning up this “unethical” way of hunting. Hell, he’s got a lot of support. He’s gathering “Real” hunters from all over, and finally, after much hard work, they get a legal way of hunting banned.
Joe, you did great and we sure appreciate your hard work, but hey, let me tell you what I heard about. There is another kind of hunting “We” think is not right. Do you think you can help us? Well, I guess so Bob, I don’t hunt like that, so it’s not “Real” hunting. How can I help? Well, here is what we need……., and it’s the same story. Odd how Bob seems to keep adding onto the list of what “Real” hunting is, but Joe goes at it hard and heavy, and in the end, he gets that type of legal hunting banned. Bob and his “Friends” are happy. Joe’s a “Real” hunter after all, and these other guy’s, well, they are not, because the way they hunt is different from Joe, and Joe does not like that type of hunting, so what’s the harm in getting rid of it? Joe’s a “Real” hunter you know. Not like those other guys. He even goes to Sportsman’s organizations and recruits from within, it’s easy because there are a lot of “Real” hunters there. Time passes and more and more legal forms of hunting are banned. Bob and his “friends” are happy with Joe. He’s been a big help.
After it’s all just about gone, Bob and his “friends” decide that it is time to get Joe’s way of hunting banned, the final chapter. Bob, uh, hey buddy, this is Joe. I know I helped you get rid of all those other forms of legal hunting, but now there is a move to get rid of the way I hunt. Well Joe, I know. My “friends” and I are spearheading that. But Bob, I thought you liked the way I hunt, that it was ok for me to do the type of hunting I do. Well Joe, no, any and all types of hunting are bad, the poor defenseless animals never have a chance, and we dislike, actually hate hunters. But I thought the way I hunted was “Real” hunting to you. Hell Joe, it was all “ Real” hunting, but we at PETA Hate you, but thanks for all your help, we really appreciate it. You see, what Joe became was a “Cannibal”. A “Useful Idiot” to the anti’s and PETA. They don’t give a rat’s ass how you hunt, what you hunt, or when you hunt. They just want all hunting done away with. They use hunters against hunters to gain support for their “Causes”. If you do not support any and all forms of legal hunting, and decide to pick and chose the ones you like and dislike, and voice any decent about the way someone else legally hunts, you are in fact, a “Cannibal” and a very very “Useful Idiot” for the enemy.
How does this pertain to the thread?
Old 01-25-2007, 01:57 PM

people for the most part do not like to hear the truth.

Ted tells the truth.

that just about sums up anything anyone can say about Ted. what you can't say is that he's wrong or making stuff up or sugar coating things - aint that right ?

Quick Reply: Do you want Ted Nugent as your figure head for bow hunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.