Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What has bow hunting done for you? >

What has bow hunting done for you?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:59 PM

Default What has bow hunting done for you?

Patience? Precision?Building family / friendshipties? How hasbow hunting added to your life.

Old 01-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What has bow hunting done for you?

Bowhunting has given me a great hobby that will last throughout my life time. It has alreadybrought me and my dad many great memories to remember throughout our lifetimes.
I Love Bowhunting
Old 01-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Given me the oppotunity to travel to 3 different continants, hunt in some exciting places and meet some great people all of which if I did not bow hunt I would not have done
Old 01-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

I was taught to deer hunt by my Grandpop and Dad as a boy. No one I new bow hunted. I guess I was in my early twenties when I got a bow and stated to teach myself how to shoot it and hunt deer with it. Man I laugh now at some of the stuff I tried back then. It took me 4 years to get one but man talk about fun. It has taught mewhat persistance and hard work can achieve. It has made me a better hunter all around.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:43 PM

Oh man.....Let me see if I can list them all....

It's allowed me the opportunity to make some great friends. It's done wonders for not only my self esteem, but my confidence. It's given me something to do year round. Keeps my mind busy, takes my mind off of things at times. It's brought me closer to God. It's brought me closer to my kids. It drives my wife nuts. It's put me all but in the poor house.[8D]

No certain order mind you..
Old 01-23-2007, 07:48 PM

I can't even put it all down but Its almost the only thing I look forward to {I hunt almost every day of my life the rest have been wasted primos}

Old 01-23-2007, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was able to meet and eventually call the "deer god" my friend.. Mr. Todd Graf.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Bowhunting has help me get closer to the outdoors. I get out in the woods more and it has brought me closer to some of my friends. We plan hunts and different shoots. It has also helped me meet new people at the local shooting range. My girlfriend is going to be shooting soon and that will hopefully bring us closer in that aspect as well. Hopefully she likes it or else there went $361.00
Old 01-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowhunting has given me something that lots of teens my age dont have, and thats a passion for something. Friends that I had when I was younger have taken "different routes" in life, and I'm just happy that Ive stayed clean, and I attribute that to hunting.The outdoors in general keeps me busy all year.I can say that I am never really bored for a long period of time, because lets face it, a whitetail dosnt hand itself over on a platter(unless your Jimmy Houstan[8D]), so between bowhunting, coyote hunting, tukey hunting, and bass fishing, I've got to manage my time wisely.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bowhunting has always been a part of my life whether it was before I could do it and I went with my dad, or now when it is my #1 passion (obviously excluding family) in my life. It has given me a closer relationship with my father than any other father/son combo I have seen. I only hope that it will continue on with my son and we can be the closest grandpa/father/son combo. It also gives me a perfect release from the other more stressful parts of my life. That amazing feeling that comes with drawing the bow on an animal. The rush of watching your fletching bury into the chest of a big game animal. There is nothing else like it. Nothing.

Quick Reply: What has bow hunting done for you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.