Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ted's New Episode Madness >

Ted's New Episode Madness

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ted's New Episode Madness

Old 01-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default Ted's New Episode Madness

Well you guys Uncle Ted is at it again. About20 minutes I was watching the spirit of the wild episode that just aired If youve seen any of the new episodes youll know about the Queen of the forest competition. If naot it where 4 women compete for 5000 dollars at the Nugent ranch to win they shoot deer, shoot at targets withguns. But thats not the point. After one of the competitions Ted his wife and the girls are sitting at the campfire talking about what to have for dinner. Ted asks if they would like some lamb and they all said yes he replied then ill go get us some( i knew that there waqs going to be trouble as soon as he said that) He then goes over to his truck and pulls out the rifle they used for the shooting competition he proceeds to walk over to a little cage in which there is some tame pigs and you guessed it lambs. So he sticks this rifle through the cages mesh sides and shoots one of the lams in the head and he says there i got us some dinner meanwhile some of the girls are about to cry and starts telling them that it was the right thing to do and that he did it because they waqnted the lamb dead because they wanted to eat its meat, i just thought you guys would want to know what the so called spokesman of bowhunting is up to please dont be afraid to give up your thoughts
Old 01-23-2007, 06:32 PM

Default RE: Ted's New Episode Madness

WOW that sounds a little extreme for a TV show, however it was meant to be eaten and was killed ethically at least it sounds that way. Probably not a good idea to put that on vidoe though.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:36 PM

I saw it and here are my thoughts;Well, he is obviously raising it to eat. You might have missed the fact that it was to prove to the girls that this is what goes on, to even more of an extent, in the meat that is sold at grocery stores and slaughter houses all the time. In my eyes, he was trying to prove that hunting is so much more fair and ethical than taking a enclosed animal. Just my thoughts.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ted's a little extreme .... one thing he is not is politically correct... thank God for that! Let's face it ...most of us if not all, eat meat. It has to be killed, and a bullet throiugh the head is a humane way to do it. Let people see that a life must die to give life .... it's the way it is in the real world.[8D]

People would rather just see it on their plate .... back in the day, the whole family helped in the killing and preparing of their food.

Personally, I am most satisfied when I am partaking of an animal I killed .... don't get me wrong, any of you guys got any backstraps left over ...give me a call!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can't see in slaughter houses for a reason, He is just to ignorant to understand that!!! In the words of my 80 year old Mother on Ted, That Boy has ate to many Wild Mushrooms with his Deer Meat!!! I said it Befor I'll say it again, It ain't Ted or Tred!!! I rest my case!
Old 01-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Banned

Just as humane as the animals are killed at the slaughter house. No different except people witness it and it wasn't hidden out of the publics' eyes. He didn't torture itbefore it died.Someone kills the chicken McNuggets your kid eats. They don't grow on trees.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:54 PM

Ted is a legend in his own mind, period. You can say he is a spokesman or whatever, he is nothing more than an egomaniac!!!!!! Furthermore, why does'nt he get out from behind the fences and then see how good he is??? Put him on Game lands in Pa. and I gaurantee he comes up empty. I know I'll get bashed for this, but so what. I can't stand thie idiot. His show sucks. I saw one episode where the ground was dirt except for his feeders. He is nothing more than a wingnut. IMHO
Old 01-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

HC, If I was to make the next McDonald's Commerical and brung a live Chicken out, Cut it's Head off on a table, and let it flop around squirting blood all over, do you honestly belive McNugget's sales will go up?
Old 01-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

HC, If I was to make the next McDonald's Commerical and brung a live Chicken out, Cut it's Head off on a table, and let it flop around squirting blood all over, do you honestly belive McNugget's sales will go up?
Sliver .... not a fair comparison .... now if you wanted to make a cable show about the processing of chickens to make said nuggets.... there ya go ... and remember ... parts is parts .... not sure if you are old enough to remember that commercial ... just checked your profile .... you are old enough[8D]

Besides ... the people that eat that crap probably wouldn't care!
Old 01-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

althought stuff like that is generally frowned upon on TV thats because Americans in general have became(for a lack of better words) SOFT. period. there arent many people left out there that could survive off the land. there arent many who can hunt and fish and grow their own veggies etc. people just lost sight of reality. the reality of it is Americans consume millions and millions of pounds of meat each and every year and alot of them dont realize where it comes from and it was once a living breathing animal that died so we could eat.

if you watch Ted's shows you know that he is trying to show the people on it the reality of life and how things are. its only frowned upon because people dont like the reality of life and dont wanna see it and the media controls Americans and what we accept and dont accept. its OK to show humans being shot and killed and blown up and mutalated in any way shape and form on TV. but when it comes to animals its not accepted to show reality, weather thats a slaughter house or a hunting show that shows blood and guts. the other part of it is the cutesie factor. people grown to think animals are cute and cuddly etc etc. like my ecology professor said...start an fundraiser for a panda bear, then start one for an endanger insect. the panda bear will win hands down because of the cutsie factor. that endangered insect is just as important to it's ecosystem as the panda bear is to it. but people rather save the cute cuddly animals.

people dont realize without hunting and fishing America wouldnt be what it is. the pioneers of this country didnt live off just fruit and veggies. they hunted and fishes. brought live stock which had to be killed.

alot of people lost sight of where we all came from. i would love to see people today live with the tools and technology of the 1800s. reality of it is thered be alot of people cold and hungry. and others relying on hunters to supply food.

Quick Reply: Ted's New Episode Madness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.