Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BEST REST

Old 01-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default BEST REST

what is your favorite rest. I use a whisker biscuit and i was andering what you thought was better. Especially for blazer vanes.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BEST REST

I really like my Muzzy ZE.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

WB works great with blazers!!

I use Ultra Rest.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

QAD Ultra Rest for me, switched from a WB and think it was the best decision i ever mad.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:20 PM

i have a bodoodle its a nicerest but its kind of a pain i think the WB is a great rest
Old 01-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Site Bouncer

Depends on what you are using your bow for. If you do more target shooting then probably a dropaway would work well for you. One of the main attractions of the Whisker Biscuit is it's ability to fully capture an arrow, no matter what part of the draw you are in or if you let it down and re-draw etc... It also holds the arrowsecure and does not allow it to flop around inside the rest. This feature is not really needed with target shooting so is not necessary. That's not to say that you can't use the Whisker Biscuit for target shooting, I just feel here are better options out there.

Now if you primarily hunt and only target shoot to hone your hunting skills, I don't think there is a better hunting rest on the market today. It does the exact same thing as a drop away with the added bonus of a nice secure arrow capture combined with a nearly fullproof and simple design. With no moving parts, it is very rugged and is asclose to a "set it and forget it" component that youcan put on your bow. It will allow you to not only hunt from a tree stand but stalk hunt with confidence that your arrow will be where it is supposed to be at all times. You don't need to worry about where you put your bow, if you want to hang it you can, if you want to hold it in your hand you can, lay it on your lap.....no problem, I have even stood up and held my bow with my arm straight down and the arrow was just hanging by the nock, no problem. If you do bump your arrow on something, no noise and it pops back into place. If set up correctly with the correct size opening, there will be no noise concernes, no vane damage either.

Again, this is not to say that you can't use a dropaway rest (or any other for that matter) for hunting, I just feel there are better options out there.

Sturdy, accurate, reliable, simple,quiet andfullproof. Allows you to hunt in any style you wish from stalking to tree standwith no worries about your arrow falling offyour rest or making noise. Pretty much all you can ask for in a hunting rest.

My .02
Old 01-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know,i have used a wb for years and love it. But there is always so reason another one is better for there own reasons.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:32 PM

I'm going to give the qad ultra rest hunter version a try. Just ordered it for $50 from their website. Heard a lot of good things about it. we'll soon see. good luck
Old 01-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: gutshot

I really like my Muzzy ZE.
I second that!
Old 01-23-2007, 07:54 PM

could you guys please post some pics

Quick Reply: BEST REST

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.