Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

10 to 1

Old 01-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 10 to 1

Mathews is the clear winner at the shop I go to. They also sell Bowtech, PSE, Bear, Darton, Browning. The one guy that works there told me they had an Allegiance shop bow and had to send it back after folks shot it, I was one of them, due to .... get this ... serving seperation right were Wash had his problem.

When he told me that, .... I just shut up.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

You cannot go by what is selling big at you pro shop as a reference as to which is better, because they probably push it the hardest. At the shop here, they sell Jennings/Fred bear. That is the best bow in the world according to them, even though the owner shoots PSE. Doesn't make sense, but that is what they do. I have a Mathews, so I catch alot of crap for it. It is what they like at the time and get the best deals on.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Banned

The owner of the proshop is usually shooting a Hoyt but always has a Mathews hat on. I sent two of my buddies down there last summer and they said that the owner was great and pressured them in no way to buy a brand. They both walked out with Switchback XT's.Hisfulltime employee shoots a Ross. His part time guy shoots a Mathews. I would assume that they want to sell as many bows as they can regardless of brand. They have had many Mathews fans say that they are holding onto their Switchback XT's after shooting the Drenaline. I too prefer the Switchback XT over the Drenaline. I am just the messenger, Mathews fans;don't hate the player,just the game.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

I have a buddy that works at a scheels all sports and he said the same thing, most of the guys that work their or are on the pro staff are all going to vectrix this year and leaving the mathews at home were they belong...Ha,Ha
Old 01-22-2007, 05:38 PM

The shop i deal with only carrys hoyt and bowtech. If u talk to the owner he'll try and sellyou a hoyt. But if you were to talk to another one of the guys who works there he'd try to sell you a bowtech. Like the others who said its all about the influence of the shop
Old 01-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: DEbohuntr17

The shop i deal with only carrys hoyt and bowtech. If u talk to the owner he'll try and sellyou a hoyt. But if you were to talk to another one of the guys who works there he'd try to sell you a bowtech. Like the others who said its all about the influence of the shop
Sounds like equal influence then. Which is selling better? Everybody here must be easy going in IA proshops as I have NEVER had a dealer push a bow brandon me.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:52 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: DEbohuntr17

Sounds like equal influence then. Which is selling better? Everybody here must be easy going in IA proshops as I have NEVER had a dealer push a bow brandon me.
It was the same with both shops I visited before purchasing my bow. They just wanted me to spend my money at their shop. They didn't care which bow I left with as long as my cash wound up in their till.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

The owner of the proshop is usually shooting a Hoyt but always has a Mathews hat on. I sent two of my buddies down there last summer and they said that the owner was great and pressured them in no way to buy a brand. They both walked out with Switchback XT's.Hisfulltime employee shoots a Ross. His part time guy shoots a Mathews. I would assume that they want to sell as many bows as they can regardless of brand. They have had many Mathews fans say that they are holding onto their Switchback XT's after shooting the Drenaline. I too prefer the Switchback XT over the Drenaline. I am just the messenger, Mathews fans;don't hate the player,just the game.
How about I just forget all that and hate your freaking face?[:@][:@][:@]
With love, the honkster
Old 01-22-2007, 07:26 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

How about I just forget all that and hate your freaking face?[:@][:@][:@]
With love, the honkster
Catch your wife with my pic as her screensaver again??
With love back at ya, the HCH.[8D]
Old 01-22-2007, 07:27 PM

So far, the Vectrix, hands down.....BUT, we haven't recieved a single Reflex or Ross yet......And we were the #1 Reflex dealer in the state last year...So we'll see. Too early to tell.

OH, we have gotten in one Reflex...very nice indeed, looks like the Trykon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.