Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

nice thieves?

Old 01-21-2007, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default nice thieves?

Let me start out by saying this relates to hunting because I was out scouting in co for good hunting spots for next year. Sat. morn around 9:30 am I decided to take my dog out and scout the nearby hills for elk sign. I was gone about 40 minutes and decided to go back to the truck to find another spot. I get close enough to see my truck and the passenger window in shattered and missing. I ran down there and my computer bag is missing with all my personal military career paperwork in it minus the computer. I was pissed and raced out of there and got home and called the cops and reported it. They come over and did a report and I get my window replaced $220 later. So this morning I get a call at 4 am. They stay on the line for a few seconds and hang up. I have this gut feeling it was the people that stole my stuff. I wait til 10:00 am or so and call the cops and tell them the perps called me. They send someone over and take my report. The cop says I probably will never see my stuff again. I refuse to believe this. It can't be. There's awards, school certificates, birth cert, passport, and papers with ssn on it. I'm still freakin out at this point. I try to look up the number on-line no records. So I proceed to leave messages on the voice mail every hr or so saying you don't know what you've done. This is stuff I can never replace. Please give it back. At 5 pm tonight I recieve a call from the same number saying its at this store in the bathroom. I go there and I sh*t you not it's there minus a computer mouse. But can you belive it. They gave back my stuff. They also threw in someone elses passport in my bag. Even though they stole my stuff, I wanna shake their hand for doing the right thing in the end. Is this wierd to feel like this. So I call the cops back and tell them to pick up this passport and that they gave my stuff back. They said this is the first time they have ever heard of someone giving stolen property back. Cool huh!
Old 01-21-2007, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: nice thiefs?

And the reason I had this stuff in my truck is because I was stopping into work later that day/
Old 01-21-2007, 10:55 PM

Nice of them to give it back but were still a bunch of squirrels to do that in the first place. Did this store by any chance have cameras?
Old 01-21-2007, 11:05 PM

{pat em on the back and look for a soft spot to stab umsounds good to me}ya check if they have cameras if so sue um for a 1000 computers
Old 01-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Typical Buck

Man That Sounds like a god thing there.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Nothing nice about them, they freaked out when you found them and gave the stuff back to soften the blow if you pressed charges. BTW, press charges.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:59 AM
Typical Buck

WOW!! Glad to hear that you got your paperwork back!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 04:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

They gave it back after coping it all for identifaction theft, they didn't need it anymore. There is no such thing as a nice thief. Hope it doesn't bite you down the road and am glad you got it all back but be on your toes with your credit report.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I know. I already put a fraud alert on my credit report. I think they were also freakin out because they realized they just stolen a policemans paperwork too. I'm a cop in the military, and it had my weapons registration cards for post in with it saying I owned a .45. They dropped at a little pizza joint without any cameras. The colorado springs dept said they couldn't do anything with the number because the would need awarrant to get the address, and a judge won't do it. I tried to find them online but to no avail.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:39 AM

Good you got your irreplaceable things back. I still think that whoever took your stuff is a scumbag.

Quick Reply: nice thieves?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.