HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Summit climber ??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/176556-summit-climber.html)

pahunter45 01-21-2007 08:56 PM

Summit climber ???

I am interested in buying a new climber tree stand. I currently prefer lock on/ hang on or ladder stands but i have used a loggy bayou ....i forget the name but it looks like the monarch but it climbs with the aid. I really dont feel comfortable climbing with this set up and want to try a sit and climb style stand. I was wondering if anyone who uses a summit or more accurately the viper or the razor ( i prefer open front) find it easier and SAFER to climb sitting vesus standing? Its alot of money but i cant test the stands out anywhere. Thanks for the help

mobow 01-21-2007 09:10 PM

RE: Summit climber ???

I have the Viper....and absolutely LOVE it. Very safe to climb. That rascal grips trees like a mad man! Very quiet and comfortable.

indianahunter83 01-21-2007 09:28 PM

I have the razor. It is a great stand but the moveable rail on the front can be a pain at times.

strutnbuck 01-22-2007 04:25 AM

I have 3 climbers, they are all Vipers! Sold the others at a garage sale! The last 2 I bought, I got the XL which I think is about 2 inches widder on the seat frame. It feels like so much more room! Love them both!

Rickmur 01-22-2007 04:30 AM

Sit and climb is much easier. Don't let that front bar on the Summit intimadate you, it does not get in the way with the shorter axis to axis bows of today.

huntingson 01-22-2007 05:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

Sit and climb is much easier. Don't let that front bar on the Summit intimadate you, it does not get in the way with the shorter axis to axis bows of today.
Couldn't agree more. My Summit is awesome. They are so comfortable it is like being in my recliner, except I am not reclined ;). Th efront bar has never gotten in the way and it adds a certain bit of security that I like as well.

PABuck_HNTR 01-22-2007 06:06 AM

I have the Razor and its a real nice stand. Suggestion....open the box and make sure all the contents are there before you buy it.

pahunter45 01-22-2007 07:17 AM

thanks for all the replies. I think ill being buying a viper or razor soon:)

nubo 01-22-2007 07:32 AM

If you set up properly you'll find that the cross rail on the Viper is not an issue ,but it is a very good treestand. I have used one for 2 season's now [Archery]and just love it .

nubo

Goose 11 01-22-2007 08:40 AM

The ONLY climbers we use are Summits. I have one Viper that I get back in 99 and still love it. Since then my brother and I have bought 4 more "Goliath" models. They are just like the viper but larger. Excellent stands!
Trae