Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Most influential person in archery today >

Most influential person in archery today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Most influential person in archery today

Old 01-20-2007, 08:49 PM

Default RE: Most influential person in archery today

The younger gens under 20coming upthey are what the future will be.
I fully agree and would like to add that the person or people who are involved into getting others into this great sport.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Typical Buck

I would have to say Fred Bear by far has affected many of the hunters and bowhunters today
Old 01-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LeftyBuckmaster

I would have to say Fred Bear by far has affected many of the hunters and bowhunters today

he specifically said fred bear didnt count.....
Old 01-20-2007, 10:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

ORIGINAL: LeftyBuckmaster

he specifically said fred bear didnt count.....
Yeah, I sort of figured someone wouldn't actually read my post before replying.

Go figure, eh Coug?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:13 AM

I would put a vote in for the guy, I think his name is Perry, that started the Outdoor Channel. I don't know if he even bowhunts but his channel and all the hunting shows on it, have to be doing some good in raising interest in hunting?
20 years ago you NEVER saw bowhunting on TV.

Old 01-21-2007, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

Prolly the legion of snobby archery elitsts over at AT.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: NY Harvester

Prolly the legion of snobby archery elitsts over at AT.
LOL; there are definately some guys over there that believe they were royalty in another life.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Has anyone ever heard of Gary Bogner? This guy ranks right up there in my opinion-from a hunter's stand point. Washington, do a quick search engine on him and see what he's all about. Another guy that comes to mind is a guy by name of Ricardo Longoria (again, search his name). Both of these guys have been there, done that, seen that. Both have definitely helped to lauch archery hunting where it is today. And Let's not forget about Chuck Adams (the former two individuals are more worldly than Chuck). Mr Adams' career here in North America (back in the 80s and 90s) certainly gave young hunters the push they needed to start into this sport.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:04 AM

Nugent is right up there.........he probably has more widespread influence then anyone out there. Most casual and even many serious hunters or archers don't even know who started Mathews or Bowtech or really just don't care. Their names may be at the top of the list for equipement reasons but as far as archery in general the nuge spreads the word like a virus. He has influence on 100 different levels but perhaps most of all he is recognized........be it through TV, Music, Books or whatever.........more people of all ages know his name and face then anyone else in archery that I can think of. I am willing to bet that Nugent DIRECTLY influenced more people to get into hunting and/or archery then all the cam designers combined.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Nugent is right up there.........he probably has more widespread influence then anyone out there. Most casual and even many serious hunters or archers don't even know who started Mathews or Bowtech or really just don't care. Their names may be at the top of the list for equipement reasons but as far as archery in general the nuge spreads the word like a virus. He has influence on 100 different levels but perhaps most of all he is recognized........be it through TV, Music, Books or whatever.........more people of all ages know his name and face then anyone else in archery that I can think of. I am willing to bet that Nugent DIRECTLY influenced more people to get into hunting and/or archery then all the cam designers combined.
You are probably right.

Quick Reply: Most influential person in archery today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.