Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 SCORE...hunting rights...not a deer (yet) >

SCORE...hunting rights...not a deer (yet)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SCORE...hunting rights...not a deer (yet)

Old 01-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default SCORE...hunting rights...not a deer (yet)

I currently have permission to hunt 3 joining properties which total 22 acres and are mostly pine with very few hard woods. These 3 places back up to a creek which divides them from another 151 acre property which is full of both red and white oak, laurel, holley, beach, sweet gum and others and also has several very large crop fields. After reviewing the county records and trying to track down the owners by phone and letter, I finally got a call today from the property manager who said the owner forwarded him the letter I sent gave his okay for me to hunt as long as the manager met with me and thinks I'm a good guy. Hmmmm, maybe I should worry. The time and energy that I put in to find the owner and make my wishes known has seemingly paid off. The lesson: Don't give up.
I'm very pumped up about this opportunity as I constantly see deer on this property while I'mon the 22 acres that I hunt now. Last week I saw a very nice, mature 8 point, but could not shoot due to the boundry. Nerve racking. Anyway, our season is almost over, but I'll hopefully get a couple of days on this newproperty this year and then be able to scout it really good and hunt it next year.
Sorry for the long post, but I'm stoked.
Oh yeah, part of the reason that he's willing to let me hunt is because I only bow hunt.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: SCORE...hunting rights...not a deer (yet)

NDH, I think that being a bowhunter "only" helps get into some timbers. I think some people are just leery(sp?) about someone one their property with a gun or just knowing there is a gun on there.
Sounds like you got a great spot.
Make sure you post them pics next year!!!
Good Luck!