HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bowtech Adventures (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/175819-bowtech-adventures.html)

PABowhntr 01-17-2007 03:17 PM

Bowtech Adventures

Unlike many of you I have been hunting tv-challenged for the last 5 years. Prior to that I had always watched TNN which had some of the earlier Buckmasters, Realtree and Mossy Oak hunting shows on every Sunday night. I know...I know, all the complaints of it being too commercial, unrealistic, etc... However, I still enjoyed watching them because it reminded me of the times when I was sitting 20 feet up a trees with bow in hand.

Well, a little over five years ago I moved into a new house with a new cable company. At first I received the Outdoor Channel and really enjoyed watching many of the shows they aired. Then, for obvious reasons, the cable company decided to bump the Outdoor Channel over to their more expensive package and the wife and I decided we had more important bills to spend our income on.

We finally made the plunge and switched over to Dish Network last week and I couldn't be happier. For the same price as what I was paying for cable I now get a ton more channels including the Outdoor Channel and some others that regularly display hunting and fishing programs. Last night I was flipping through them when I came upon "Bowtech Adventures". I assumed it was going to be the typical hunting show with the hosts using Bowtech/Diamond equipment to take their animals. It probably is but this particular episode did not have any actual hunting. What they did have was a solid 1/2 hour of fundamental archery equipment discussion.

The show was great! The two gentleman interviewed, John Hernandez and Jeff Eastburn, provided good, quality equipment and shooting form suggestions for the average bowhunter. They also provided some nice little bits of advice that you typically cannot find anywhere but at a reputable pro shop. I would love to see the company take that 1/2 hoursegment and put it on a DVD to be given out with all of their bows or maybe even given to some pro shops to run in addition to the usual hunting shows you see aired at their store. I think consumers could benefit greatly from the advice given.

Sorry for the long post but I thought the situation worth sharing.

mert_04 01-17-2007 03:30 PM

RE: Bowtech Adventures

Do you have any idea when the episode will be on again?

HoytUltratec 01-17-2007 04:22 PM

:)seen that episode last night. On tuesday nights its almost all hunting shows

live2hunt009 01-17-2007 04:25 PM

I saw it to andit was very interesting. I liked it and i think mathews should do the same.

PABowhntr 01-18-2007 05:20 AM

Sorry, I do not know when it will again be aired but I can look into it. A simple email/call to the channel company should give a fast answer. If not maybe emailing Bowtech.

I would love to see Mathews do the same. I think the information presented was great. Granted they were utilizing Bowtech bows in a Bowtech facility as part of the demonstration but I did not get the feeling they were promoting their product in particular. It was as non-bias as a show presented by a particular manufacturer could be.

kshunter 01-18-2007 08:36 AM

I watched the show as well, with setting up a bow. I agree, there was some good information there, and I learned some new things.

YooperMike 01-18-2007 08:42 AM

I was impressed with it as well. Very good info...and all BOWTECH!!!

PABowhntr 01-18-2007 11:25 AM

Very good info...and all BOWTECH!!!
Yes, that was nice too. I am glad I finally was able to see inside their on-site pro shop.

BowHuntND 01-18-2007 12:29 PM

A video like you have mentioned would be a good idea to possibly sell at sports stores for people who are teetering on the fence about becoming an archer. They should also make a similar video specific to manufactuers that is give with the bow to help the person who just spent 700+ on their brand new bow to understand how to care for it and use it properly. I know too many people that think shooting a bow is for the things they were not intended for, I try to educate these people the best I can... but you can only say so much. I think all and all someone, hell anyone should make a video like this. Even if it is not a bow maker. If someone from here would be interested in creating a video of this sort, I would be more than willing to assist in anyway I can. The most I have to offer, is assisting in menu or animation creation for splash screens and also Burning DVDs. I have a dual layer burner so the video could be very high quality and include everything anyone thought absolutely needs to be in it.

*kerplunk* there goes my two cents into the well.

bowtech die hard 01-18-2007 02:41 PM

ORIGINAL: HoytUltratec

:)seen that episode last night. On tuesday nights its almost all hunting shows
"Tuesday night persuits!"