Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 NC Game Laws...& Extending my season >

NC Game Laws...& Extending my season

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NC Game Laws...& Extending my season

Old 01-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Default NC Game Laws...& Extending my season

I just got off the phone with a gentleman that I know controls the depredation permit for a large tract of land within our city limits. I think I'm "in" for next year. That will extend my season, for sure....and will also mean (hopefully) some more venison I can donate.

I'm going to the district NCWRC meeting on Thursday. We'll be discussing two issues that are of interest to me. 1) Additional doe tags to be issued for my district....on private lands.....pretty much unlimited. I can finally get this herd in check if I can just get a few more guys in here to help (which is the hard part....getting access for my friends to hunt the land I do). 2) ..the state's attempting to adopt an urban archery zone(s) within the city limits of interested NC cities. THAT should get interesting. Te group I know that has the depredation permits will DEFINITELY have their foot in the door with a lot of these townships and incorporated areas interested. There'll be a MAD RUSH on permission slips, I fear....lol.

It shoud be an interesting meeting.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: NC Game Laws...& Extending my season

I was wondering if any of you guys are involved with depredation permits/urban archery permits/nuisance type permits.

I thought I'd heard a few talk about these type hunts. These guys are STILL hunting, here.....and our season has been out for over a month.