Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bad news Taxidermist Dan Chisholm moves to Pike Counti Ill. >

Bad news Taxidermist Dan Chisholm moves to Pike Counti Ill.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad news Taxidermist Dan Chisholm moves to Pike Counti Ill.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Bad news Taxidermist Dan Chisholm moves to Pike Counti Ill.

Just getting the word out there:

Please beware of a taxidermist by the name of Dan Chisholm. He recently moved from Massachusetts to somewhere in or near Pike County, Ill.

He's wanted by a number area of hunters, and perhaps soon the Massachusetts state and local police.

If you've recently given him the buck of your lifetime and deposit for mounting, I highly recomend going and getting both of them right now before he has to hit the road again.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bad news Taxidermist Dan Chisholm moves to Pike Counti Ill.

I will spread the word out here, I know some guys that hunt up there. And a friend of mine is a taxidermist in Jersey County.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:29 PM

Trembow.........be VERY careful posting things like this that could potentially damage someone's business/income.

If this guy is indeed a scumbag he may just take the opportunity to try and cash in on a slander lawsuit.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:45 PM

Good point atlas.

Unfortunately for him though, slander would require that the statements be false.

I don't know that he's a scumbag. I have reason to believe he may even simply be a bit.. confused .. or something. Which can be worse since he could use that as a defense in court.

In either case though, please be on the lookout. Also, if you do have contact with him, let him know there are some people back in MA who would appreciate their $$$ and their capes back.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, the unshakeable defense for libel (which is the written form of slander, and what would be at risk here) is the truth.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Yep, the unshakeable defense for libel (which is the written form of slander, and what would be at risk here) is the truth.
As long as you an prove it.

Just giving Trembow a heads up.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a certain female outfitter here in Western Iowa that I would love to send yer way. Moves to the area and kisses up to all the bowhunters by opening a pro shop. Found out where all the hunters hunt then opens a outfitting business and leases up alot of the best hunting ground in the area. It was land that local people have hunted for decades and now they can't even mushroom hunt on it. She even has stopped people on a gravel road and yelled at them for driving on the road that borders her hunting ground. When I was working at the local COOP I would always honk at her when I was in my semi when she was out there. Just trying to be neighborly.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

wow....yelling at people for driving down a legal road is a bit off the wall, but opening a business to support a family or whom ever is what this country is about right....it just seems that she had the idea and got there first..............bob

P.S...what does she have to do with this thread???
Old 01-15-2007, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

It has something to do with this post because it just goes to show you that you can't trust everyone.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

it wasn't said where she took peoples money and ran....she bought land and started a business....i would have done the same thing maybe if the deal was good....it's called free enterprise....sounds like you were one of many that don't want to pay her to hunt there to me and are mad bout it....over and out..................bob

Quick Reply: Bad news Taxidermist Dan Chisholm moves to Pike Counti Ill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.