Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 is this   poaching????? >

is this poaching?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is this poaching?????

Old 01-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: is this poaching?????

Here in northern WI it is almost a right of passage for a young and upcoming hunter. I am not saying it is right but I wouldn't tell anyone it is wrong either.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey....I'm not telling him it's wrong, either. The state he lives in is. Our NCWRC District meeting is Thursday night. I'm going.....and I'll get up and speak if there's something I feel that strongly about that no one else addresses. I would assume there are avenues to get game laws changed in each state.....or a pretty good reason why they'r eon the books (Unless it's illegal to plow food plots with an elephant).
Old 01-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm here in Ontario. I'm not a Conservation Officer, but I really doubt one would have a problem with what you describe.
If you were to leave your daughter on a stand with a gun that would be real bad, but for her to shoot from your lap with 1 gun between you should be OK. The law wasn't written to keep kids from huntintg, its in place because of our rediculous gun laws. She shouldn't carry a gun till shes 12, I bet a C.O. could watch her shoot a deer from your lap and not care, as long as you have a tag.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Preacher Tony, You the same guy that called Ted Nugent a good family man? Even though he has been married three times and has slept around on all of his wives. Are you that great judge of character?

Now your comparing sitting your child next to you and letting them take a game an animal,to drunk driving and killing some one?
Old 01-15-2007, 04:12 PM

Preacher Tony, You the same guy that called Ted Nugent a good family man? Even though he has been married three times and has slept around on all of his wives. Are you that great judge of character?

Now your comparing sitting your child next to you and letting them take a game an animal,to drunk driving and killing some one?
This is getting intense!
Old 01-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Charlie, I guess I didn't do my homework with Uncle Ted before I made that statement, I had no idea that there is proof that he slept around on his wives and frankly, I wasn't looking to be judge and executioner on the man. I apologize for calling him a family man. Based on what I knew, he was always drug free, he is a flag waving American, .... well, check out the Ted Nugent string if you want more.

Now, as far as teaching your child to break the law ...... Charlie, you border on .... nevermind. The law is the law. As GMMAT said, if there is a way to make it legal, why not do it? Who are you, Charlie, to determine what laws to follow and which ones to break??? Do you realize that a society without respect to laws is anarchy???

Not to mention, you give the anti's tons of ammunition against law abiding sportsmen and women.

foolish....
Old 01-15-2007, 04:37 PM

yeah, i agree with the above poster.

That is just about as much breaking the law as going 5 mph over the speed limit.
Preacher tony, have you ever sped? not even a few over the speedlimit?

Who gives you the right to deem that a few mph here and there isn't speeding but his daughter shooting his deer is? If she would be guilty then so are you.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Idaho hunter 58

yeah, i agree with the above poster.

That is just about as much breaking the law as going 5 mph over the speed limit.
Preacher tony, have you ever sped? not even a few over the speedlimit?

Who gives you the right to deem that a few mph here and there isn't speeding but his daughter shooting his deer is? If she would be guilty then so are you.
Idaho, I never said going a few mph over the speed limit isn't speeding. Now I believe by mere definition ... it is!!!

So ... Idaho....what are you talking about?????[&:]
Old 01-15-2007, 05:16 PM

illegal yes. but i personally dont see anything wrong with it. ive taken kids hunting with me, they havent got the oppertunity to shoot, but i would not hesitate on letting them if they got the chance
Old 01-15-2007, 05:58 PM

hey guys thanks for all your responces its getting fun but please try to remember that me and my daughter do read this together so please try to keep it with in the lines i never asked for sex education i asked about a kid getting the chance to shoot a deer

anyhow some points are getting intence but its good to see what each other thinks about the topic

justr thought i would drop a reply

happy huntin and straight shootin

browning_xcellerator

Quick Reply: is this poaching?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.