Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 maxima hunter arrows >

maxima hunter arrows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

maxima hunter arrows

Old 01-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default maxima hunter arrows

has anyone shot these arrows and noticed a positive difference from the arrows you were shooting.they are very pricey i see.i bought a new bow and with the set up i have my current arrows are going to be a bit too short so i need to get new ones.any suggestions?the maxima hunters are 60.00 a 1/2 dozen at gandermountain.any replies appreciated.thank you
Old 01-11-2007, 09:22 AM

Default RE: maxima hunter arrows

I shoot just plain Maximas and they are awesome arrows. They are really tough. Also, after upgrading to these arrows my groups were a lot tighter. I'm sure the Maxima hunters are worth the price.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:27 AM

I shoot a maxima 250, and it is the best arrow I have ever shot.

I robin hooded one from 10ft once (It was a bet) and got about 8 inches of penetration.
I robin hooded a GT XT hunter last weekend from 10 yards, and got 12 inches of penetration.

The maxima is, in my humble opinion, tougher than the Gt's.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am debating the switch from my FMJ to the Maxima Hunter. They are an awesome arrow, very tough, and light in weight when compared to others of similar strength. My FMJs weight 572 with the setup they are at, and the Maxima Hunters with the same blazers and wraps will weigh around 480-500. I picked up around 28 fps by shooting the Maximas and the weight difference with the added speed, is nearly identical as far as KE is concerned.

There is no question that they are pricey, but I think they are worth the money. Regular Maximas are also very good arrows, and cost little less (not much though).
Old 01-11-2007, 09:39 AM

around how much does the maximas cost
Old 01-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

At the shop I go to, they are I think $50.00 a 1/2 doz as opposed to the $60.00 or so for the Hunters.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:52 PM

Maximas are a very nice arrow I recently purchased them and like them a lot....They seem to be a "tough" arrow
Old 01-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

i bought a 1/2 dozen of these arrows and i love them they keep a really tight pattern which can get expensive with all of the arrow collision....they are great arrows
Old 01-11-2007, 01:02 PM

Everything I have heard about them has been positive. I had a hard time choosing between them and Easton's FMJ arrows.

I opted to go with the Alluminum/Carbon FMJs, but the Maximas are excellent shafts.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have 10, lost two, proablly 6 have never been shot.Some fletched with 2" Blazer vanes, some not fletched at all. I don't like them or I have gone anotherway.

Quick Reply: maxima hunter arrows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.