Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 delayed gratification >

delayed gratification

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

delayed gratification

Old 01-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: delayed gratification

_Dan

6 year old won 1 and so did I in MancalA

What happen?
Old 01-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Damn, you can sure tell most people's hunting seasons have come to an end!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:36 PM

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha!!!!!

Campo... Page 2 of this ridiculous post... That was comedy... pure comedy!

I'm still laughing...
I aims to please
Old 01-10-2007, 06:39 PM

To the guy that started this thread! How dare you try to impose your standards on the rest of hunting America. I grew up hunting out of a camp in the Northcentral part of Pennsylvania, where a 12" 8 pt. was a damn good buck. LISTEN TO ME when I tell you that this had nothing to do with hunting skill. There WERE NO MATURE BUCKS because of severe hunting pressure. We still killed our bucks EVERY year. Those hunts and memories shaped me into the MAN I AM today. No one will ever take away the feeling of pre dawn darkness on opening day in Pa. I live in Montana now, and killing a decent buck is not that hard to do. It is not the size of the buck that matters to me or others, it is who I was with and the memories created while out there among the critters. All I can say is I'm sorry you don't feel the same way, youmust have missed something along the way.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone else find it ironic that the lean,mean, monster buck killing machine who started the thread.....has a pic of him and a doe in his avatar?[&:]

BTW, you need to add quiksilver to the list. He likes seeing his name in print
Old 01-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

The reason I shot this deer was because it was my second buck of my life
cool, good for you

[hr]

Unrelated to that^ It's commical to see the reactions of those so offended...
Those who have to explain the rationality of how it used to be
how it should be...blah blah blah
I suppose if yousaw a pope and young you would pass it up because its not tender enough aye?
Old 01-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Site Buck Guru

Wow! Took a little nap and look what hit the fan!!![:-]

I don't care what size deer anybody shoots, except me. I congradulate everyone and their deer also. It is ones own personal choice as to what size deer they shoot. However, when someone asks me how do I get big deer so often and I tell them that I let all the little ones walk, I hate it when they start accusing me of saying their deerare small. What's up with that?
Old 01-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone else find it ironic that the lean,mean, monster buck killing machine who started the thread.....has a pic of him and a doe in his avatar?[&:]

BTW, you need to add quiksilver to the list. He likes seeing his name in print

This space is reserved for the soon to be announced.... "Team XX HNI Bowhunting Champs 2005, 2006"
yeah thats right, i've never even seen a world class buck, probably nothing over 150". That was a huge mature doe guessed at the check-in's at 6 years old. She's a trophy in my book....thats all that matters
Old 01-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

My plan is to try and best each buck that I shoot and so far I have, granted I have only shot two I have still accomplished my goal!

GregH I understand your statement, I just don't like his statement and how he went about it!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

White....can I ask why you won't shoot a sub 100" buck? Is it for the challenge a mature buck presents? Would you consider a sub 100" 6 year old as challenging? Most mature 3yr or older does are more of a challenge than most mature bucks (in my opinion); especially during the rut.I know you're not debating shooting does however. I hunt public land in trophy rich Il. that has extremely HEAVY presure & consider any deer taken there a trophy, including bb, spikes, etc.

Quick Reply: delayed gratification

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.