Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Jealousy

Old 01-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Jealousy

Because when I grew up we all called them horns. My brothers and I still do. It's a learned habit. Just like I call it a kill and not a Ha.... (you know) And guess what, I'm going to continue that way. I've gutted a lot of killed deer with horns.[8D] Also, trophy and management deer are not in my vocabulary.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well now I know, lol

I have harvested a bunch of whitetails with antlers, and i have killed a pile with antlers, but I never have killed any with horns. You got me on that one Mr. Mill[8D]

I understand!
Old 01-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Just to add somthing to the post:

I hunt the same land that Miles Keller used to hunt here in Southern Minnesota. Miles killed many many (P&Y) bucks in this are and a couple booner's. All the serounding people in this area claimed that he got alot of his deer in the middle of the night. Stories about his car parked on the side of the road with frost on the windows. I don't know miles but his collection of big deer I think speaks for itself. Im sure these stories stem from what Greg states, "Jealosy".
Old 01-10-2007, 03:50 PM

In my experiences, jealousy comes from those who want so many things, but are to lazy to accomplish them. When you get a nice deer, the know they are not capable of doing the same so they assume that you cheated.It's like a bunch of 8 year old's. I have never been nothing more than ecstatic when someone gets something that they are so excited about.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:59 PM

It used to bother me a bit, but I finally realized that some people are just better hunters than me.... Some guys can go into a piece of timber and see things that 95% of other hunters don't.... I truly believe that some people are gifted at hunting..... Sure, most of the time, the guys with the most success are the ones that work the hardest.... But I have seen enough exceptions to realize it's not all about work, some have it and some don't.....
Old 01-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Banned

GregH, people have always been jealous of successful people. Always have and always will. Human nature for their own shortcomings and unsuccessful lives. Misery loves company.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

According to a lot of people around here I've been the luckiest hunter there is for years [8D]. And I've never won a scratch off lottery ticket in my life or a 50/50 raffle........... go figure . Some people would rather be jealous and label people as lucky than to actually try to figure out why they have success. Oh well......... keep on keeping on and dont' worry about them.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

GregH, people have always been jealous of successful people. Always have and always will. Human nature for their own shortcomings and unsuccessful lives. Misery loves company.

This is it in a nutshell.

I find it odd when I hear people act surprised when they see jealousy rear it's ugly head in the deer hunting world. It makes me think they have never experienced success in any other form or they would realize it has absolutely nothing to do with a deer. Jealous people are jealous people..........it doesn't matter if you are talking about jobs, cars, money, women, a 300 game, a hole in one, a big screen TV, vacations, education, or talent of any kind. It is easier to tear someone else down then to build yourself up.

Without a doubt..........the most jealousy centers around money. It's takes 5 seconds to make a wise crack about someone.........which is much easier then the 8-10 years of hard work and dedication to achieve the same for themselves............jealousy always follows the path of least resistance.

On a side note.............I think there are PLENTY of people in the world that WANT TO THINK OR BELIEVE that others are jealous of them.........which is just as (or more) twisted then true jealousy.

Example

Guy posts big buck here and says nothing and is greeted by slams, jeers, insults and jabs trying to belittle his accomplishment. True jealousy.

Guy #2 posts a big buck here and tells everyone else they don't know what they are doing............toots his own horn to no end...........blasts other people's deer and/or hunting choices..........and carries a "I'm better then you" attitude around with him in his posts. Guy #2 is HOPING others lash back at him because any and all that do will be branded as "jealous".

Sometimes there is more to a story about claimed "jealousy". People having ill feelings towards you for nothing more then your posessions is NOT the same as people having ill feelings towards you because you rub your posessions in their face and try to make them feel bad about not having them themselves.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Site Buck Guru

This kind of stuff doesn't interfer with my hunting, I know I've done nothing wrong. It's just that it amazes me at how worked up people get over someone elses deer! The weirdest one for me, was a year and a half after shooting my 14 pointer. My ex-brotherin law pulled up to my house one day in April and tells me that he heard two guys talking at a bar. He heard them say that the game wardens came and confiscated my deer. I guess for shooting it at night. I told him that I've never even talked to a game warden and that the mount is hanging up in the house. So I showed him.We don't even know the guys that were saying it!?? Amazing.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:17 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

This kind of stuff doesn't interfer with my hunting, I know I've done nothing wrong. It's just that it amazes me at how worked up people get over someone elses deer! The weirdest one for me, was a year and a half after shooting my 14 pointer. My ex-brotherin law pulled up to my house one day in April and tells me that he heard two guys talking at a bar. He heard them say that the game wardens came and confiscated my deer. I guess for shooting it at night. I told him that I've never even talked to a game warden and that the mount is hanging up in the house. So I showed him.We don't even know the guys that were saying it!?? Amazing.

Don't forget that before labeling someone as "jealous" you really need to know more details then what you wrote above. For all you know those guys could be the coolest most un-jealous people in the world and they could have just been discussing a story relayed to them by someone else. All it takes is 1 jealous person to start a rumor..........all the people he tells it to are just vehicles for his jealousy (perhaps unknowingly).

Quick Reply: Jealousy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.