Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Homemade lighted nocks >

Homemade lighted nocks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Homemade lighted nocks

Old 01-10-2007, 07:59 PM

Default RE: Homemade lighted nocks

I have made 2 so far. One with a red clear nock that is really brite and one with a solid orange nock which is still bright enough. I tried the rubber tubing and couldn't get to fit into the shaft so both have the cut end of a nock inside. Maybe I'll try to take a pic of both of them and post it.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:46 PM

ive used both,, the actul lumenock and have also made a few of my own,,,,the lumenock i wasnt to impressed with, the i bout 2 of them and one barely even worked, then the other one work fantastically, came on evey time a shot, but it didnt always stay on when it hit the target,, i ended up losin it last year after i shot my deer, the one that didnt work very well i sent in to burt coyote and they sent me a new one, and it work just fine. but it broke one of the ears off when i shot my turkey this year. The homemade one i only used for practice cuz i didnt like leavin them on, (that and the ones i did make only lasted a few dozen shots). i have thought about makin somemore and tinkering with them, but i have yet to by anymore of the bobber lights, i have had mixed expreinces with both of them, the lumenock are nice when they work,,but for 9 buck each i would have very many of them,
good luck
Old 01-11-2007, 10:49 AM

I tried to take some pics today but they just look likered blurrs. The solid orange nock is bright enough to do the job. I am going to stick with those for now.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:59 AM

The second link looks pretty easy. Here's an idea someone told me about using lumenocks. When going out tracking a deer, & depending how many u have w/u @ the time, turn in on & stick the arrow in the ground to mark blood trail etc. They really show up @ nite.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:07 AM

I did this little test to compare the Homebrew version vs. the Real Deal.

Decide for yourself.

Sometimes they fit together nicely, other times you are fighting the bobber light and nock the entire time.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1745820&mpage=1&key=Homemade%2cL ighted%2cNocks&#1745820

Old 01-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

just some info. for you guys..if you ebay them it is possible to pick them up for 7.33 each
Old 01-12-2007, 06:27 PM

Everyone question cost went to wally world this afternoon the lights were 50cents each pack of cl neon nocks pack of 6 50 cents each. Now I also tried one on bowfishing arrow it is clear lexon looks sharp.