HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Peeing From Your Stand (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/174282-peeing-your-stand.html)

r33h 01-09-2007 07:24 AM

RE: Peeing From Your Stand

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I do not pee from the tree. Like you I carry a Gatoraide bottle. ( Wide mouth of course)
Now that's funny! I do not pee from the tree stand. I either hold it, or pee in a bottle and seal it up.

rednecksteve 01-09-2007 07:39 AM

I think it may who knows
i have seen deer whin i pee so
maby

Greg / MO 01-09-2007 08:21 AM

Do a search on here... I've written volumes about peeing from stand. The year I killed my 162-class, I finally got an arrow through him on the sixth time I saw him. I regularly pee from my stand.

There's been study after study showing it has no effects on deer. All you're doing by taking a bottle into the woods is bringing an extra noise-maker, something else to take up room in your pack, and opening yourself up to spillage later on.

hoytarcher1 01-09-2007 08:24 AM

I do, because since deer are attracted to sweet smells they wil naturally be currious about it and go to investigate the new smell. I know our stuff might not be so sweet smelling to us,lol, but its a totaly different thing to the deer and it has attracted deer to my stand many a time.

Madjac20 01-09-2007 10:22 AM

Greg,
I was a might concerned when I saw the topic and then saw your post had a photo attached, was afraid to look,lol . Great looking buck, congratulations.

furgitter 01-09-2007 10:32 AM

I love hearing stories that have a happy ending! Nice looking paycheck for all that work.You are a go getter Greg.

ORIGINAL: GregH

Here's my story.

Wow! I finally got a deer with my bow! I thought I was shooting at a 10 pointer but got this weird one instead. On X-Mas Morning! He caught me literally with my pants down. A weird series of events left me having to take a leak from my stand. At 7:45 AM, I had just finished taking a leak and had just retreated through 4 layers of cloths, and there he was. Twelve yards away on a trail behind me. I saw 5 on one side and a g-2 with a sticker, and said "grab your bow". The bow was behind me and when I turned to get it, the safety belt hung up. I ripped it around me, he heard it and stopped with his head behind a bush. I grabbed my bow and got it on the other side of the tree and he was still standing there. There was a large limb between us and I used it to draw behind. Once at full draw, I crouched slowly until I could see his vitals. Centered my pin and shot. Nice double lung, he went 46 yards and fell over. What a great hunt! I think it was my 75th hunt. I certainly put in the time. Started to get weary. But I knew that I couldn't get one from my livingroom.

Merry Christmas to all!;)

Attachment (1)

GregH
I learn something new about
the game I hunt every season.
That's what makes it so fun.

Earlier this season, I had relieved myself from a different stand and an hour later a 10 pointer came under my tree (no shot) and rubbed his antlers on the limbs that I peed on![:-]

jonnyslim 01-09-2007 11:04 AM

I do. But be forwarned, read my post in strangest thing seen while bowhunting.

Hunterbrum 01-09-2007 03:00 PM

I pee from my stand all the time and don't think it has caused any problems. Still see and kill plenty of deer.

DanM3029 01-09-2007 03:25 PM

I never do. I don't think its natural and I want to stack ALL the odds in my favor. I just hold it, or use a large mouth Gatoraide bottle.

flyfishpj 01-09-2007 03:32 PM

I don't think pee affects your hunting at all. They smell enough things, including human pee, to not be bothered by. Just my 2 cents.