Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I think I found a poachers' set! >

I think I found a poachers' set!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I think I found a poachers' set!

Old 01-03-2007, 11:11 AM

Default RE: I think I found a poachers' set!

ORIGINAL: cjsportsman
I look up and about 35ft up is a tree stand overlooking an overgrown field on our property.
So, is the treestand actually ON your property, or is it overlooking a field that is on your property? The difference between the two is massive!

If the stand is on you property, take the stand, and leave the tree. If the stand is NOT on your property and is only overlooking your field....suck it up and learn that people can do with their property as they wish. As long as there isnt any shooting over a property line and he is on his land, he/she has broken no law.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would go talk to the guy in the house. Then if they did not move there stands, cut his stand to the ground.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

If the stand is actually on your property, then it is now YOUR stand. Take it down and leave a note warning him. He knows he doesn't have permission there and yet he has no problem hunting there anyway. However, you own what's on your property and this time, it's the stand.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I personally feel that it is a pretty touchy situation. Is it your property on each side of the hedge row? If it is not, it is hard to say he is trespassing, escpecially if he is coming in on some other property. If it is not your property, contact that land owner on the other side and ask if anybody has permission to be there. If he says no, well then the both of you should take action. If he has permission, go and talk to him and remind him that if he shoots on your property he is trespassing.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:57 PM

The tree that his stand is in is on my property and is overlooking my field. If it was on the other guys property I wouldn't care. I'm not really worried about this guy shooting deer cause he sucks as a hunter, besides there are plenty of deer around the property,its more aboutthe liability. IF he falls he could sue, if he mistaked me or one of my friends for a deer that could be a problem..

I take part of that back. I can't call him a hunter because he's not hunting he is poaching!
Old 01-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Pull the bolts on the stands cable supports and put in a twig. That will give him just enough time to get into the stand before it gives way, Not really

Get a camera and go out and wait, take your cell phone, contact your local DNR and let them know whats going on. They will most likely give you a hotline or cell number. Go out and wait in a hidden area, when you see him come out call the DNR and take some pictures.

I have also heard where some DNR will come out , take down the stand and put up a note on the tree saying " hey this is Dan, I have your treestand and steps at my house, call me at 555-5555 to get it back"

then when the dirtball shows up and identifies his stand they will write him a ticket.

Old 01-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take the stand and leave him a note to come get it. You don't want to start a range war. That can get ugly. Because I do belive you can rip his head off and crap down his neck.Heprobably can't handle the TRUTH!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 01-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

1) Find the phone number of the CO in your area.

2) Take the stand.

3) Leave a note telling him that you have the stand, except put the CO's number on the note and tell him to call if he wants it back.

Let him get an attitude with the CO.

Old 01-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Dominant Buck

If it's your property and no one is allowed I'd call the guy and tell him to cease and desist. I'd do it politely and give him a time limit, like a day and no hunting when he comes to get it. Tell him you're sorry but you don't allow hunting. If he doesn't come and get it within the alloted time, tear it down and leave a note telling him where he can pick it up. If you know who's yard he's parking in I'd contact them and tell them your land is off limits too. Be polite the first time to avoid paybacks. Then get nasty if you have to.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Dominant Buck

If you plan to pursue trespass charges you'll need evidence , stake out the stand in full cammies until you can take pics of the guy entering and leaving your property . If it's the guy you think it is turn the pics over to the local police and press charges , if it's someone you don't recognize call in a CO and let him trap the numbnuts for a poaching charge . Don't take his stand , it isn't yours and the owner may press charges against you for stealing it .

Quick Reply: I think I found a poachers' set!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.