Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Guardian takes Management buck >

Guardian takes Management buck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guardian takes Management buck

Old 01-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Guardian takes Management buck

I'm sitting here in Atlanta and just got a call from Len. He wanted to know if I wanted to go hunting this afternoon. I told him I couldn't get back in time. LOL

Anyway, Len might be the first here to break in one of the new Bowtechs. He's been playing with a new Guardian. He took it to the tree this morning. After watching this 3 1/2 year old large bodied buck he decided he wasn't going to amount to much more than he was. He drilled him with his new Guardian. Len usually would rather shoot a doe than a buck, but this ole sway belly just struck his fancy and he drilled him. He isn't going to keepthe bow. He's waiting for a longer axle to axle Commander to come in for him. He told me he thought I'd like the Guardian. We'll see when I get back. Anyway, a heck of a way to start the year. New bow, New Year... buck down and dead. Congrats again to Len. I didn't ask him what number this was but he's getting up there in double digit range for the year I think.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Guardian takes Management buck

I did get to draw a guardian over the weekend. Seemed like a pretty cool bow, and the draw cycle wasn't noticably rowdy either when compared tothe 05' Allegiance I used to have. Seemed like it will be a sweet shooter and I am sure they will sell a lot of them.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the guardian last night again, pretty sweet rig. It is too short for me, but still it shot real nice. Super quiet, quietest I have shot actually. I also shot the Vectrix XL last night and that thing is unreal. Shoots awesome, no vibration, great draw cycle. The new STS-type cable guard does make a pretty good crack though on the shot. I am looking forward to shooting the Commander since it will fit me much better.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations to Len. I am glad he was able to christen the bow even if he isn't keeping it.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Darnit, I knew he was going to be the first one to get a Guardian bloody.........
Old 01-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Since he said I should try this bow I have to assume it's a right handed one, cause that's all I can use. Len is left handed by nature or by left eye dominance which ever you want, but he kills with bow hands all the time.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not bad for shooting the opposite hand at the wrong DL with a bow that has a shorter ATA than he likes.

Congrats to Len!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Site Buck Guru

Is a management buck the same thing as a "cull" buck?
Old 01-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

The guy is a machine! Are you sure his eyes don't glow red when the lights go out?
Old 01-03-2007, 11:10 AM

Shot it 9 AM and got homeabout noon. I watched this buck work closer and closer for about 20 minutes. By the time it got to about 15 yards, I had made up my mind that this one had to go down. At 10 yards I just sat there, turned a little sideways in my new treestand and double lunged him. He went about 70 yards and fell in a clear area.

I was about 200 yards from the truck, but I had set up at the end of an old runway. Dave knows where it is because he liked that area when I took him there. I was able to drive my truck down the old runway to within 30 yardsof the deer. Made it a lot easier since I was by myself.

I foundthisnew location last week in a narrow transition thicket between two bedding areas. I hunted it last Saturday evening and had 10+ does around me. Tried to take one ofthem but caught a limb with the arrow. Trimmed the area before I left Saturday night and couldn't get back until this morning.

As soon as my son finds out I shot a deer in this spot, it'll be HIS spot. That's the way it's worked with him for the past 3-4 years. That's OK, he's my son. I've learned tojust move over to another 'honey hole' when he's with me and let him have some fun. The first 4 times he went with me this year, he used one of my other 'honey holes' and scored 4 straight times. That's what life is really all about - watching your 15 year old be successful.

Quick Reply: Guardian takes Management buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.