HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Pheasant this morning!Pics too! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/172959-pheasant-morning-pics-too.html)

whitetailsoldier 01-01-2007 04:16 PM

Pheasant this morning!Pics too!

It was early. The sun was just coming up. There was alot of deer movement throughout the no-shoot hours. I saw a large bodied buck about 70 yards away slowly walk out of my grasp.
I was calling it a day at about 9am. and was walking the fenceline when i saw a golden glimer in the grass. I knew exactly what it was, a big golden male!!! I krept slowly, his back was facing me and I shot through the thickets and long grass. I could hear my arrow break as soon as it hit the brush. Slightly disappointed i walked toward the brush which was about 30 yards away and found my arrow with feathers. I figured man I must have been alot closer to the bird than i thought. WhenI spotted thefloundering large pheasant with half of my arrow in his back So I went to claim my prize, What a morning!
Here he is!

[hr]
Anyone else shoot small game with bows? I'd like to see pics if you have em'?????

hardcorehunter 01-01-2007 04:21 PM

RE: Pheasant this morning!Pics too!

Cool!!!

BowHunterFett 01-01-2007 04:33 PM

Congrats. How long are those tail feathers?

whitetailsoldier 01-01-2007 04:45 PM

The longest feather is 22"
I'm no pheasant hunter but I'm proud
So proud I'll show you this.....It's what i'm doing right now!!

BowHunterFett 01-01-2007 05:14 PM

MMM, that looks better than the hotdogs I just had for supper, thats for sure.

Dr Andy 01-01-2007 05:31 PM

Congrats 4 yrs ago that was my first kill

Hunterbrum 01-01-2007 06:11 PM

Cool story. Good shooting. Congrats!!!!

Greg / MO 01-01-2007 06:13 PM

I would love to do that and get one mounted... I want to be able to say everything in my game room is an archery kill, and I would love to have a pheasant in here.

Congratulations! Sounds like some good shootin'!

uncballers45 01-01-2007 06:20 PM

thats cool. must be very hard to get with a bow.

whitetailsoldier 01-01-2007 06:28 PM

Congratulations! Sounds like some good shootin'!

not so much good shooting,but I do feel you should shoot more than not. I know alot of people on this site as well as others don't optimize their range. I'll take a fifty yard shot because I'm confident in my capabilities. We all know its the judging of distance that is the tricky part.
All I'm saying is I would rather miss than to not shoot at all!
[hr]

Thanks for the congrats,