Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Transporting binoculars >

Transporting binoculars

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Transporting binoculars

Old 12-31-2006, 02:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Transporting binoculars

I got a new pair of Bushnells (8 x 42) for Christmas and they're significantly larger than the compacts that I used to just stuff into a pocket.

My question is this. Do you hang them around your neck while getting to and climbing to your desired height in your stand (with the possible risk of catching them on something) or put them in a fanny pack or something similar. These are way to big for a pocket and probably would be too big for my fanny pack as well.

How do y'all best accomplish this easy task?
Old 12-31-2006, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Transporting binoculars

Cabelas sells a harness that is elastic which will hold them snugly against your chest but still allows you instant access to the glasses when you need them. A friend of mine uses them on his bigger binocs and he swears by them.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dave, you seen mine and how I hang them to my chest with a harness but you do have to be careful while attaching a stand or installing tree steps as you do not to catch them on something. You can put the harness underneth your jacket and prevent any hangups but then thier not at your ready being under the jacket.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Everything I take and it's too much I know but I like to have it with me, gets carried in a backpack.

Old 12-31-2006, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

One arm and the head hung off to the side works great for me! I use a smaller string so it does not get hung up!
Old 12-31-2006, 07:49 AM

I also use the harness. The one I have is made by Crooked Horn Outfitters. Like others have said, it holds snuggly to the chest and does not get in the way.
Here is one made by cabelas.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat602006-cat601627&rid=&indexId=cat601627&navAc tion=push&masterpathid=&navCount=1&par entType=index&parentId=cat601627&id=002766 6

Old 12-31-2006, 08:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dan, when in the stand I have my rangefinder on the Crooked Horn bino strap that you linked there. I have my bino's on a 2" wide strap around my shoulder and it hangs to my side for quick use. It's the best way I've found to have both immediately handy.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Dan, when in the stand I have my rangefinder on the Crooked Horn bino strap that you linked there. I have my bino's on a 2" wide strap around my shoulder and it hangs to my side for quick use. It's the best way I've found to have both immediately handy.
I usually range everything whenI first get in the stand and then hang the rangefinder on an EZ Hanger.
I'll try your suggestion sometime. Probably next year.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with Rob on this one. Binos in a backpack and my rangefinder on a crooked horn harness on my chest. Best of luck.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:13 PM

My 8x42's are hooked to a C/R bino harrness along with my rangefinder. They are in my pack until I get up into my stand then I up them on.

Quick Reply: Transporting binoculars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.