HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   hang ons... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/172685-hang-ons.html)

BuckHunter92 12-30-2006 06:40 PM

hang ons...

hey everyone.. i just wanted to know if there are any good safe hang on stands out there for around 50 bucks or under because we just got permission for about 350 or so more acres and we need a few stands on it.. i would like to try some hang on stands so i can move them around alot easier..
thanks

davs2601 12-30-2006 07:02 PM

RE: hang ons...

check walmart. They are all on clearance, you may be able to find one or two. I bought one a few weeks back but i havent tried it yet. But it was only 30 bucks, good luck

Firehawk7309 12-30-2006 07:08 PM

If your wanting to move around, why not just buy a good climber?

BowHunter46 12-30-2006 07:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Firehawk7309

If your wanting to move around, why not just buy a good climber?
thats what i was thinking

Greg / MO 12-30-2006 07:28 PM

true, but I completely understand the desire to slip in quietly with no weight on your back and simply climb up in a pre-hung stand.

I would love to have about 15 more stands so I could cover every possible wind direction and have all of them already hung so I could just come and go without worrying about packing anything in or out or setting up and taking down...

mobow 12-30-2006 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

true, but I completely understand the desire to slip in quietly with no weight on your back and simply climb up in a pre-hung stand.

I would love to have about 15 more stands so I could cover every possible wind direction and have all of them already hung so I could just come and go without worrying about packing anything in or out or setting up and taking down...
Yup. Sometimes it's best to have stands prehung in early spring. Especially rut stands. Slip in, climb and hunt...no noise at all.

BuckHunter92 12-30-2006 10:56 PM

i have a climber.. but they are so much hassle taking in and out of the field and make so much noise.. and the risk of picking the wrong tree and slipping is sort of scary too.. i want something sturdy, cheap, and easy to work with.. thanks for the walmart idea i think i will take a look into that in the morning :]

GregH 12-30-2006 11:18 PM

Is it possible to find a hang-on stand for less than $50 that doesn't creak or make noise? Are they sturdy and safe? If so, I'll have to re-think why I'm buying stands that cost three times that amount.

isatarak 12-30-2006 11:43 PM

That's all I use because climbers are useless here. I leave some of mine up year around if they're in a good spot. I take a piece of chain and a turnbuckle long enough to go around the tree and the stand frame and tighten the turnbuckle. It acts as an added safety measure and really holds the stand tight so it won't move. After season I remove the seat cushions and the ratchet straps and just leave the stand. The only things left are all metal. It's a good idea to loosen the turnbuckle a little, though to allow for growth of the tree before next season.

I have also made some out of some chairs and building a wood platform under them. They are pretty heavy, but if you leave them up permanent, you only have to get them up there once.

Rickmur 12-31-2006 06:07 AM

Remember, you get what you pay for. I wouldn't entrust my safty to a cheap stand period.