HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   HOYT TRYKON (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/172553-hoyt-trykon.html)

Bullet Hole Bailey 12-29-2006 10:46 PM

HOYT TRYKON

Any one use one of the trykons, i am thinking of getting one and i was wondering what you thought of the bow?

huntingdiva1 12-30-2006 06:49 AM

RE: HOYT TRYKON

The Trykon is a great bow. I used to have one and killed a nice bear, and whitetail buck with mine.They are fast and quiet. I however, would recommend the Vectrix if you are in the market for a new bow. I just purchased one a few weeks ago and it is by far my favorite bow of the two.

hardcorehunter 12-30-2006 07:23 AM

What she said.

jones123 12-30-2006 08:08 AM

hoytgirl:
I just purchased one a few weeks ago and it is by far my favorite bow of the two.

I have seen you say this before in a different thread. I am interested in the same choice. Can you describe what you find so different between the two?

AR Bowhunter 12-30-2006 08:19 AM

I know nothing about it, I did have a hoyt deviator, but i bought a matthews LX a couple years ago.

hardcorehunter 12-30-2006 08:23 AM

The draw cycle is smoother on the vectrix. The trykons cyclehad more of a valleyand made a little bump noise at full draw when the bow was peaked at 70 #. This was only noticeable on my high poundage bow and not on Hoytgirls lower poundage bow. I turned my trykon down to 64# at that took care of it though. If you are buying a 60# trykon you would never notice this probably; only a trait when the bow was peaked at 70#.My dealer noticed the same thing with his trykon and other customers'. The stealth shot STS type of sting noise suppressor that hoyt puton the vectrix has made the bows very quiet too. Onour trykons, I put cat whiskers on them and that made them whisper quiet. No need for whiskers on the vectrix. The new fuse string is suppossedly improved over last years string although our trykons strings performed flawlessly with the peep staying aligned. We use no rubber tubing on our peeps and the fuse string is a presretched ,no creep string. Both bows are very fast, quiet, accurate, and handshock free.

hardcorehunter 12-30-2006 08:34 AM

I just asked my wife and she said that the vectrix is a smoother draw for her too and she just shoots this bow better than the trykon. She has a 23 1/2" draw and both of these bows only go down to 25" draws. The dealer twisted the string on her vectrix and has made this bow fit her perfectly and also the vectrix is ordered a 1/2" longer than your actual draw length. I have a 28.5" draw length and so does my dealer but we both found that a 29" vectrix fits us perfectly. My wifes' trykon was just too long of draw for her and didn't fit her as nice as this vectrix does. The big difference in these bows is the draw cycle. Totally new cam in the vectrix.

mobow 12-30-2006 08:40 AM

The Trykon is indeed a great bow. As the others have stated, the Vectrix is smoother and just as fast. If you are looking at a used Trykon, make sure it fits you and go for it. If you are looking into a brand new bow, the Vectrix is a bit cheaper anyway, at least at our shop.

Remember though, they are BOTH non adjustable draw length cams. They are draw length specific, so if you are looking at a used on make sure it's right, those cams aren't cheap.

jones123 12-30-2006 09:20 AM

Thanks to you and the hard core people for your information.

VA HEAD HUNTER 12-30-2006 09:31 AM

if your looking for a trykon i have one loaded with goodies for sale in the classifieds or email me at [email protected]