HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Question on bow selection (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/172411-question-bow-selection.html)

St.CroixFishing 12-29-2006 12:28 AM

Question on bow selection

So, I am willing to spend 450 on my first bow.
I am looking at 4 right now.

I am looking at:

Diamond Rapture
Reflex Buckskin
Reflex highlander
Martin Quest SE M75SD

Are there any more options I should consider?

I like forgivness and and big axle length, so let me know what you guys think.

GMMAT 12-29-2006 05:37 AM

RE: Question on bow selection

Just a thought......but with that kind of money....you could get a used bow and LIKELY move up on the product line of each company you mentioned. ALL the high end bows are great (not to take away anything from the ones you mentioned....AT ALL). If i were me, though.....that's just what "I" would look into.

Jeff

Paul L Mohr 12-29-2006 07:27 AM

Of the ones you listed I would suggest the Reflex Highlander. It has the best features as far as a forgiving bow goes.

All are good bows though, pic the one that feels the best to you.

Paul

MGH_PA 12-29-2006 07:44 AM

I agree on the highlander. It seems to get great reviews from its users and the like. However, like Jeff mentioned, you might want to consider a used 06 or 05 model of higher end bows as many of them will be traded in and for sale around this time of year due to archers upgrading to the 07 models. I just picked up an 06 Ross CR334 with trophy ridge 3 pin sight, alpine fallaway rest, G6 meta peep, winners choice strings and a hard carrying case all for $425 shipped.

St.CroixFishing 12-29-2006 11:01 AM

Thanks alot guys!

mobow 12-29-2006 05:40 PM

Hold out a bit.....All of the '07's are just now starting to hit the market.....By February they'll all be released......I know Reflex has TOTALLY redesigned it's entire line.....Not a single bow from last year. Ross is introducing a couple new ones........Be patient, wait and see what they bring.

chgarza 12-29-2006 09:33 PM

BowTech Tribute!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

AR Bowhunter 12-30-2006 08:08 AM

If you want forgiveness make sure it has a long brace height. I would pick one with an axle to axle of around 35 inches. I would pick the one i lke the best.A good shop would help you set it up. Idea brace height should be around 7 inches . That is my thoughts , good luck , there nothing like bow hunting.

VA HEAD HUNTER 12-30-2006 09:35 AM

reflex by far, but if you want a 2006 hoyt trykon email me at [email protected] ill sell the bare bow for 500.00 with winners choice strings

in da woods 12-30-2006 11:54 AM

St.Croisfishing, just by chance u don't have a rewards card w/cabelas, gander mountain, etc. I just bought a $650 Diamond Black Ice for 500 w/a 15% off voucher, & rewards $$ voucher. Just a thought.