Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GPS ????

Old 12-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default GPS ????

What do you think about GPS whin you are hunting
Old 12-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GPS ????

I like them i bring one along with me when i go hunting . It has helped me locate my stand in the dark before . Good for scouting too
Old 12-27-2006, 06:39 PM

I love my GPS. I hunt in Northern Wisconsin, and when you are tracking down game in the dark, it is very handy to track your movements so when you do find the animal, you can quickley find your way back to your stand or to the closest road for easy dragging. I wouldn't go in the woods without mine.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:08 PM

Where I hunt in Canada, they are invaluable.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my GPS! It helps get me to my stand and back in the dark, helps me mark sign and potential stand locations when I'm scouting, and when looking at a new area on the computer(aerials and topos) I can mark interesting spots on the computer and transfer the waypoints to my GPS so I can be sure to check them out. In a way, it's kind of like pre-scouting from your desk. Just mark the spot and walk right to it without ever having been there before. Free programs like USAPhotomaps from www.jdmcox.com are great for this.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Easy to relocate deer in the woods after dark, if you had to track him a ways. I am glad I have one.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

I have carried one all year and never turned it on. I like my topo map, protractor, pace count, and compass much more. I use these means to mark spots of interest and to find my way back to stand locations.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:13 PM

There are great for tracking, marking stands to let your buddies hunt out of, and of course just finding your way home.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:35 PM

Excellent tools. W/ a GPS, compass and topo map.. you will never get lost.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

A very valuable tool, not only does it help keep you from getting lost, its helps you find your stand in the dark, you can mark downed game etc. I have a Garmin Rhino and it is also a two-way radio, I wouldnt enter the woods without it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.