Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Safety Harness.... >

Safety Harness....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Safety Harness....

Old 12-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Safety Harness....

I am looking to spend part of my Christmas bonus on a good safety harness. The one I currently use is old and probably more unsafe than anything. (whichnot to mention is a pain in thebutt and that prevents me from using it a lot of times) So what does everyone recommend for good safety harnesses. Here are some things to keep in mind.

1) I want something quick and easy and quiet
2) I hunt five different treestands

Thanks everyone for you input.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:11 PM

Default RE: Safety Harness....

Summit Seat O The Pants or Hunter Safety System. 2 of the very best.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Spike

I use the Hunter Saftey System. Put it on like a vest and then latch the buckles. Very easy and quick.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Banned

Summit seat o pants; awesome vest. Rear pocket carries prussic knot rope and vest comes with linesmans rings. Whatever you get, make sure it has a linesmans' setup too.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

I had the seat o the pants,and really don't care for it.I found the Loggy Bayou to be the best I have ever used.I have owned two different seat o pants,and a couple other brands,the loggy is in my opinion the best.I don't care for the vest's either. Here is a link http://www.outdoorsexperience.com/loggysafetysystem.html
Old 12-27-2006, 06:29 PM

Hunter safety system. Fast and easy to use.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Spike

Having been suspended in harnesses for work related training, I would suggest you carefully look at the designs. I don't know if the Hunter Safety System design has changed, but their leg straps fastened in a manner that would pull straight up on your crotch, instead of outward to the side (in case you were suspended). That ain't worth saving a couple seconds putting it on for me.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Anybody with enough sense to write........but not enough to wear a harness......can PM me and I'll send you one, for free. I have a couple extras.

Jeff
Old 12-28-2006, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got a Seat of the Pants vest for Christmas, VERY easy to put on, no playing "guess which hole your head and arms go through", put it on like a vest, attach leg straps and off you go. Has D rings on the hips to use as a climbing belt for hanging stands.

Pat on the bowsite a while back did a field test of several including the hunter safety system, just about castrated himself with it. Supposedly its been redesigned since then, but check first.

I also, this year, started using a climbing rope system to be attached all the way up and down to/from my hang on stands. got it from a guy on archery talk, $30/setup. High quality climbing rope, stays attached above the stand and by the ground, sliding prussic knot you attach to to climb. I figure it slows me down by about 5-10 seconds per trip up/down the tree. Myself and family are now never off the ground without being connected.

Old 12-28-2006, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

My favorite one came free with a Big Game portable tree stand. Bought a few others brands and sent them back.

Quick Reply: Safety Harness....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.