Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What kind of rest should I buy? >

What kind of rest should I buy?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What kind of rest should I buy?

Old 12-25-2006, 11:42 PM

Default What kind of rest should I buy?

I just got a new bow and was wanting to try a different rest. I have been using a wb and i like it. Most of my friends use fall aways and they really like them to.So i guess I am asking everyones opinion of what rests they like. The more info. the better.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:43 PM

Default RE: What kind of rest should I buy?

wb for me.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:59 AM

fall away's are good for target shooting and competition.. use the WB for hunting so your arrow is secure and will not fall around or off the rest.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:10 AM

you can not go wrong with a trophy taker. I have used 2 different models the past 4 years and they really work well. I would reccomend the trophy taker shaky hunter for hunting. The rest has a wider groove and is a bit deeper allowing the rest to securely hold your arrow in every situation you will encounter when out in the woods.

hope this helps
Old 12-26-2006, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Use the one that fits you best. If you shoot a lot of leagues or tournaments, I would go with a drop away. If you use your bow for primarily hunting, I would go with a wb.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:08 AM

If you are happy with your WB keep using it. I personally don't care for them, but it doesn't mean they are a bad rest. Any rest will work well if properly set up.

I would say it really depends on your application and type of arrows you will use. None of them are really more accurate than the other if set up right.

Paul
Old 12-26-2006, 09:34 AM

Iwent shopping for a restafter trying my sons' wb. I found thisand like it better than a wb for sure. I have only put about 200 arrows through it so I can't report on whether it has unforeseen problems or not.

Old 12-26-2006, 11:46 AM

Trophy Taker Shaky Hunter
Old 12-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ultra Rest LD is a nice one also.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:00 PM

using the one that fits you best would be a good suggestion if you were familiar with each rest and knew how they worked, however to save you time and money like i suggested before you can not go wrong with the trophytaker shaky hunter for hunting conditions.

Quick Reply: What kind of rest should I buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.