Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 3Ders let's hear from you..... >

3Ders let's hear from you.....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3Ders let's hear from you.....

Old 12-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default 3Ders let's hear from you.....

Who isgearing up for 3D season?

Let's hear what you're all about....

How often do you shoot?
What class do you shoot?
What level do you compete on? (Local, State, National)
What do you average?
What is your 3D setup?

Let's hear all the details, it's cold out and I am ready to get out there! This may help to ease the pain.....
Old 12-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 3Ders let's hear from you.....

I have just one shoot in mind, beat a buckeye and HNI get together.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:26 PM

I shoot my hunting rig for 3D, and just shoot locally. My shop owner is however talking about going to more shoots this year, so I may expand my horizons in that category.

I am also looking into new arrows to use for 3D....It's tough, however, to find a 300 spine arrow as light as I want. But I'm working on that too. I shoot open class (the one and only downside of a single pin, adjustable sight) and have no idea what my average is. I only shot 2 shoots last year.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got all dialed in and have been shooting 5 spot with my 3-d gear.

I am shooting an 07 hoyt 38 pro. I shoot mostly state and regional triple crown shoots. I shoot in the open class nowand usually average around a 400 or so. I used to shoot in the HC and took the state shoot in 04, since then i wanted to stretch it out a little. I like challenges.

I have been shooting around a 45-46x on 5-spots with my 3-d bow. Bring on the foam, I am sick of paper.

3-D is a great way to get ready for hunting. And also helps a hunter through withdrawls!!!!

I normally shoot 30+ shoots a year.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've been out a few years. I'll hit all the locals this spring through summer. In a 40 target course I usually shot a 394ish not counting 12's. Counting 12's I'd be 420ish. In a 30 target course usually a 296ish and with 12's, 316ish...this is the Open class as well as MBR depending on my mood.

I've won countless local shoots but they've amounted to nothing more than a few dollars or plastic trophy.

My best "real" shoot was when I finished 12th out of 300ish shooters in the MBR class at a Cabela's shoot in Warren PA.

IBO, made worlds on several crowns, didn't go to worlds. Finished top for the day at Harrisburg's Eastern Outdoors, invited back for finals, couldn't go, had to work, returned Sunday for 4 man team, my score on Sunday beat the winner on Saturday.

I've been away from 3D for a few years, I'll dabble in it this year again.

My 3D setup has always been my hunting setup unless I go to my Tox and Boss scope, other than that, same bow, same arrows etc....No special 3D rig, not necessary. I enjoy whipping people with a hunting setup.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am still hunting until Jan 15. Not ready to give it up yet. I will usually hit a few local shoots a year. Mostly for fun and later for tune up for deer season. Just use my huntin bow. Usually 360-380 on a 40 target course without 12 rings, depending on how it is set up.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dude, you have a better shot at getting struck by lightning....... twice..... than beating me on the 3D range Germ....
Old 12-20-2006, 09:34 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Dude, you have a better shot at getting struck by lightning....... twice..... than beating me on the 3D range Germ....
Tickets!!! Get yer tickets here!!! 2 for a dollar!! Get yer tickets!!!
Old 12-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

My 3D season is over before it began, I'll be in this sling until march sometime. [:@][:@][:@]

But I generally shoot everyday, and I shoot Bowhunter Freestyle.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think I am going to be shooting much this year either.Didn't make a single shoot last year.I do plan on making a few.If I shoot this year,it will be with my hunting rig because I sold my open bow and Sure-loc.

I shot in the open class and traveled to many ASA shoots around the South.Won some money in Pro-ams.But not much.

I was just getting serious and starting to consistantly shoot up scores when I got a touch of burnout but the biggest problem I was having was time.

My son is a heck of an athlete and made the 6 year old allstar basketball team at the beginning of the 3-d season,so I was traveling with that and then baseball started and the 7 year old all star baseball and more traveling.By the time it was over,it was hunting season.Oh yeah,football also started.[&:]

He had a blast and so did I.He wasn't ready for it to be overbut I was.

Quick Reply: 3Ders let's hear from you.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.