Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 3Ders let's hear from you..... >

3Ders let's hear from you.....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3Ders let's hear from you.....

Old 12-21-2006, 09:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 3Ders let's hear from you.....

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

I have just one shoot in mind, beat a buckeye and HNI get together.
Dude, you have a better shot at getting struck by lightning....... twice..... than beating me on the 3D range Germ....
Well look out, how do you think I lost my hair[8D]

I will even shoot LH
Old 12-21-2006, 09:23 AM

Tickets!!! Get yer tickets here!!! 2 for a dollar!! Get yer tickets!!!
I want my tickets, do you take paypal
Old 12-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do ok..........yeah getting ready.

Shooting MBR class again this year in IBO.

We had our first outdoor winter league 3D shoot last weekend.....did pretty good.
Setting a new shootin' iron up for this weekend.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:48 AM

Setting a new shootin' iron up for this weekend.
What would that be.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:54 AM

I shoot my hunting rig at all the 3D shoots I go to!! Only go out to local clubs! I shoot the hunter class! I love to go to the 3Ds! The only problem around here some of the local Rod & Gun clubs who have been haveing shoots have stopped due to insurance problems! That really stinks , a couple of the clubs that I went to have stopped due to that reason! And they are the ones that have had the best setups! We used to have a 50 target shoot which went for three days that had vendors and novelty shoots once a year but they stopped doing it also! I ain't sure if that is also due to insurance or what! But I remember when we first started going there it was awesome! Then over the years it just started to go downhill! So I don't know if it was due to insurance woes or people just stopped careing how it went! I wish they would bring it back though! They held it at Bear Swamp in Northampton County PA. If anybody knows of it!!
Old 12-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I shoot lots of 3D, it is my primary game and what I am most passionate about. Every other archery venue I do so that I can become a better 3D shooter.

I do plan to shoot a mix of IBO and ASA events this year as well as tons of local and regional stuff in addition to several winter indoor 3D leagues as well. I dopretty good I guess at the state and local level, and this year will be my first at the national level so we will see how I do there.

Iam actually getting ready to tune and set upa new toy that is a specific 3D rig next week. It is a bit of a custom one off bow being built for me. Should end up being 38" ata, 7.5" brace height, and should end up shooting around 320fps at my draw length with a loaded string @ 5gpp. No cable guard either as I am sure most of you can guess . More on this once it's set up.

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Shooting MBR class again this year in IBO.
Matt - What events are you going to do this year?

Edit** - I am sandbagging it back in HC this year again just to get some experience at the national level before I step up. I will shoot the local events from the open stakes though with my HC setup just for experience because I normally don't turn in score cards for these shoots anyhow.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

RJ,
Not sure yet....moving IBO Worlds to Anderson IN isn't exactly filling me with the warm and fuzzies.

I'll probably start out finishing our 15 shoot winter league (We just started so that goes until March), shoot the Harrisburg Sport Show again and hopefully be able to make it back for the finals for another warm up (I qualified in MBR last year but was sick and bad weather for the final so I didn't get to shoot the final)............and then am considering going after an IBO Triple Crown title in MBR. Depends upon how much free time I have. If I make the first 3 legs will probably dictate how much of a priority IBO Worlds is. I really enjoyed Snowshoe, WV.

I'll probably also shoot the PA and MD IBO states as well as the PA Triple Crown circuit.

I only did 2 Nationals last year, The 2nd leg of the IBO Triple Crown (Which was my first MBR) and IBO Worlds......was sitting in position for a top 10 and tanked in my last 10 targets.
Alsoshot and won the Maryland IBO State title in MBR. Someone scheduled the PA IBO's the same weekend so I had to choose between the 2 events.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

RJ,
Not sure yet....moving IBO Worlds to Anderson IN isn't exactly filling me with the warm and fuzzies.

I'll probably start out finishing our 15 shoot winter league (We just started so that goes until March), shoot the Harrisburg Sport Show again and hopefully be able to make it back for the finals for another warm up (I qualified in MBR last year but was sick and bad weather for the final so I didn't get to finish............and then am considering going after an IBO Triple Crown title in MBR. Depends upon how much free time I have. If I make the first 3 legs will probably dictate how much of a priority IBO Worlds is. I really enjoyed Snowshoe, WV.

I'll probably also shoot the PA and MD IBO states as well as the PA Triple Crown circuit.

I only did 2 Nationals last year, The 2nd leg of the IBO Triple Crown (Which was my first MBR) and IBO Worlds......was sitting in position for a top 10 and tanked in my last 10 targets.
Alsoshot and won the Maryland IBO State title in MBR. Someone scheduled the PA IBO's the same weekend so I had to choose between the 2 events.
Good job, those state titles definitely boost confidence for the national stuff. I hope to make McKean this year but for national stuff will probably stickmostly to ASA becausethe payout structure will hopefullyhelp me be able to afford to make more events. I do plan to attend several ASA and IBO qualifiers and state championshipsin VT, PA, NY, and Mass.

Looking forward to seeing you again in Harrisburg....my budDan and I will be there again but I won't make it to the shoot off if I qualify. Maybe I can get my name on the board though. Hopefully we can drag Rob out there with his bow too [8D].

Best of luck this year, the IBO's MBR class is some tough competition.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot local and have won all the tournys around y house. I use my hunting setup but use smaller pins in 3d. But I plan on going state wide with it this year with my team.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I enjoy whipping people with a hunting setup.
My sentiments exactly

I love beating everybody...well almost everyone....with a <$500 rig. Im in it for the fun anyway.

Quick Reply: 3Ders let's hear from you.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.