HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   sheds..... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/170968-sheds.html)

speedcam 12-19-2006 10:51 AM

sheds.....

i was just curious about when any of you actually go out and start looking for sheds. i normally go out around the end of January or middle of february. and hit it pretty much every weekend i can get out until about May.
what about you?

speed

Rick James 12-19-2006 10:57 AM

RE: sheds.....

I start end of January and call for yotes and shed hunt and scout all at the same time. I do this until 3D season/turkey season opens.

Campo 12-19-2006 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I start end of January and call for yotes and shed hunt and scout all at the same time. I do this until 3D season/turkey season opens.
I didnt know you had that much brain capacity that you could multi task like that Matt... Wow, I am impressed.[8D]

Ps. Do you want an ice pack for that burn?

_Dan 12-19-2006 11:04 AM

I usually do a little bit in February and March. The big push for my brother, friends and myself is in April. During our 5 days of shed hunting we normally find around 300.

Last spring my wife, brother, friend and myself were out for 1 hr 45 minutes and found 54.

On a typical day in the spring we walk 10-12 miles.

Here are a few from that short trip.....

BowHuntingFool 12-19-2006 11:09 AM

WOW Dan, thats pretty cool!!!!!

KASKASKIA BIG HEADS 12-19-2006 11:10 AM

those are some pretty nice sheds if u found them last year those deer are gonna b pretty nice this year..

Rick James 12-19-2006 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Campo

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I didnt know you had that much brain capacity that you could multi task like that Matt... Wow, I am impressed.[8D]

Ps. Do you want an ice pack for that burn?
Keep the ice pack, your gonna need it when 3D season rolls around......

_Dan 12-19-2006 11:17 AM

Thanks. Thats a picture of my wife and a friend of ours. Most of the sheds we find have been out there awhile. I would say about 50% of them are dropped within 2 years of us finding them.

Here's a pic of 3 fresh ones laying within 6 feet of each other. Hopefully you can see the 2 next to each other in the background.

bloodcrick 12-19-2006 11:25 AM

I start looking around late Feb. until turkey season in April, but in a sence i look all year long. Im allways keeping an eye out for them even when im hunting, and occasionaly i find one left from last season that survived the rodents. But it seems that May and April are the hottest times.

Dan thats an amazing outing for one time out. Im jelous, that would take me 4 seasons to find that many and i log alot of miles.

speedcam 12-19-2006 11:29 AM

nice pics Dan..... thanks for sharing them. that must be up in the Canada region huh? i haven't seen any land like that out here in Wisc., at least where i've been to.
two years earlier huh.. that would be nice, i've notice by me that if i don't find them with in the first 4-6 months there gone. rodents have a field day on them around by my area.

Speed