Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

sheds.....

Old 12-19-2006, 11:32 AM

Default RE: sheds.....

ORIGINAL: speedcam

nice pics Dan..... thanks for sharing them. that must be up in the Canada region huh? i haven't seen any land like that out here in Wisc., at least where i've been to.
two years earlier huh.. that would be nice, i've notice by me that if i don't find them with in the first 4-6 months there gone. rodents have a field day on them around by my area.

Speed
Yep, its in Canada. I find that most here in WI get chewed on pretty quick as well. Up there, there isn't as many rodents to chew on them. I have found sheds where moss had grown 5" deep around them and only a couple tines sticking out.

I will admit, I am pretty fortunate to have the area I do for shed hunting.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pretty impressive stuff Dan. Looks like you have some fantastic hunting grounds there. Good luck this shed season - there's a booner out there laying somewhere with your name on it.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:22 PM

In 2005 we found 3 sheds in northern WI during november scouting. One was badly chewed, one moderately, one was in pretty good shape. All were from different deer, small to medium in size.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Here in Texas, about end of Feb. to early March.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know these pics are terrible, but here is a pic of a pair of sheds we found on the property I hunt in NY. We found the one shed 2x weeks ago and it was in nearly perfect shape. The other was found in May or so.The sheds are his 05' headgear and the rack shown is his 06 headgear.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:14 PM

Very cool Rick! That is always neat to shoot a deer and then go through the sheds at home and match them up. I shot a 153" 9pt this fall and my buddy had found his sheds 3 weeks before. I would post them, butI don't have any pics on the computer.

Here is a picture of the biggest shed I have found. It officially scored at 106 3/8" It has a couple mass measurements over 7" and a 28 1/8" main beam.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Thanks. Thats a picture of my wife and a friend of ours. Most of the sheds we find have been out there awhile. I would say about 50% of them are dropped within 2 years of us finding them.

Here's a pic of 3 fresh ones laying within 6 feet of each other. Hopefully you can see the 2 next to each other in the background.

Nice find! I hit a spot with three different ones 1 time in my life! They were quite a bit smaller than those, too! They were 1 1/2 8 pt. sheds.

I enjoy shed hunting. I learn a lot doing that and mostly go by myself. Other people that I ask to go with me are too busy or just not interested. Oh well, their loss.[:-]