HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Post Archery Season Depression (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/170774-post-archery-season-depression.html)

quiksilver 12-18-2006 08:03 AM

Post Archery Season Depression

Symptoms:

Waking up at 4:00 a.m., while your alarm is set for 7. Staring sadly out the window, wishing for one more tag, one more day...

Packing up your hunting gear for the offseason layover, and gettingall stinkin' depressedabout it... Doing that final scent-free wash and packing everything away air-tight... It's like you're burying your huntin' dog or something... I even had a briefdiscussion with my lucky hat, and told him not to fret while he's living inside that tupperware bin - better days lie ahead.

Cleaning your guns for the last time in '06, and again... gettingall depressedabout that...

Weekends just aren't as fun anymore...

Discussions with your hunting buddies begin with the words "Next year..."

Working on all those honey-do's that you've been procrastinating on for the past 2.5 months. grrr...

Hunting shows are just a tease.

If anybody has a cure, please let me know.

GMMAT 12-18-2006 08:07 AM

RE: Post Archery Season Depression

Quick...

You just described my life.....beginning next weekend....lol.

Misery loves company.

Jeff

hardcorehunter 12-18-2006 08:10 AM

Our season finally opened today and ends Jan 10th. We are going after work this afternoon!!!

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-18-2006 08:13 AM

Yup, since the end of Oct but I did get to sooth the soul in NC thanks to Jeff but the return home was a somber one, I knew it was over for another year minus spring gobbler.

Germ 12-18-2006 08:13 AM

Yes it sucks, may buy an Ohio tag and hunt until Feb 4th[8D]

huntingson 12-18-2006 08:18 AM

Yes,I wait all year for 2-3 months of hunting. Then it just all starts over again. I am not a big turkey hunter, so I won't be excited again until August. All I have been doing is researching possible future hunts. If only I made enough money to be able to travel and hunt June-January I wouldn't be depressed nearly as much ;)

Crittergiter 12-18-2006 09:04 AM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

If anybody has a cure, please let me know.

Coyote hunting

goherd1111 12-18-2006 09:08 AM

Sounds to me like you need to find a second hobby. How bout bass fishing. Come Aug. and Sept. I'm ready to hunt. Come Jan. Feb. I geared up for fishing season.

il coyote 12-18-2006 09:14 AM

Nothing to get that depressed about, it happens every year. There is something I could occupy myself with outdoors any week of the year.

Yeah, and spend all summer sitting in a boat getting $hitfaced,...er, I mean bass fishing.

JimPic 12-18-2006 10:14 AM

Just keep hunting.Waterfowl seasons are usually open as is small game.Come March,you start shooting groundhogs and do some bowfishing for carp.May brings spring gobbler.The 3D season should be be going along pretty good by now too.There's plenty to do