Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ok im dumb

Old 12-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ok im dumb

i would say you are dumb
Old 12-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Monsterhunter0021

yes i did have a harness on for the first time an even with a harness i still got hurt but not as bad an no its not my fault i was standing up to draw on a buck yestersay an when i stook up the stand kicked out an my weight shifted to the left an i fell out i did get hit with the stand though i guess i didnt put the top of the harness rope high enuff? well anyway why is every1 busting my chops atleast i wore a harness this time but yea i know im dumb because i shouldnt of gotten up so fast to draw back on the deer well anyway pz.
What is your age and years of experience bowhunting?
Old 12-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Dominant Buck

I have two choices as I see it. The first, going with Mobow(bored and stirring things up) or two, going with the originator of the post. It's a tough choice, but I'm going with the originator.... "Dumb".[8D] Perhaps you should use the off season time to learn how to install a stand.[&:]
Old 12-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

thats why when u secure a stand you're suppose to use ratchet straps
Old 12-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

yes i did have a harness on for the first time an even with a harness i still got hurt but not as bad an no its not my fault i was standing up to draw on a buck yestersay an when i stook up the stand kicked out an my weight shifted to the left an i fell out i did get hit with the stand though i guess i didnt put the top of the harness rope high enuff? well anyway why is every1 busting my chops atleast i wore a harness this time but yea i know im dumb because i shouldnt of gotten up so fast to draw back on the deer well anyway pz.
First of all, how about using some punctuation so we don't get headaches reading your post.

Next, learn how to use your stand before you hunt out of it. Practiceabout 5 feet off the ground this offseason so you're ready for next year. Put some pillows out on the ground in case you fall out again.

Finally, you should expect to get your chops busted when you post something like this.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear about the fall. Glad you're ok. Double and triple check the security of your stand before hunting out of them. Slow down a little bit. You're 15 feet (or higher) in the air on a small platform. Good luck to ya... be safe.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:10 PM

That sucks. Another idea is practice shooting sitting down. It can be a real advantage sometimes. Oh yea and if you dont use ratchet straps on both the top and bottom at least drive a nail on each side of the bottom to keep it from moving side to side. Your lucky you havent been seriously hurt. Also if you ever use a climber make sure the platform and seat are connected with straps. I learned this the hard way....lol.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:03 PM

it was a wooden ladder stand this guy built for me on the farm because i let him hunt out of a farm an my buddie hunt out of an i have been bow hunting for some years now an only fell once besides this one he has it lagged bolted in the tree instead of nailed so i dont know if the lag bolt is loose or broke im not to sure but when i stood up to draw on a deer i went over it has no rails or side boards it on for bow hunting an the bottom of the boards kicked out and i hit my face on the base of the platform im not to sure why it gave out
Old 12-17-2006, 10:16 PM

ok im dumb i fell out the treestand again today this sucks im done stand hunting for good!
Troll.
Need I say more?[:@]
Old 12-18-2006, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think we need someone to make threads about how they love to bait, shoot deer on canned hunts, participate in deer drives, and ask us where to find the gutshot"monster" buck theyshotand all the other great things we like to talk about

Quick Reply: ok im dumb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.