Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sorry, no good, scum bag! >

Sorry, no good, scum bag!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sorry, no good, scum bag!

Old 12-18-2006, 09:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Sorry, no good, scum bag!

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Sorry to hear buddy. Get yourself some climbing sticks and a lightweight hangon and take in and out with you every night. Easy to hunt this way, very successful, you can always hunt the wind this way, stands can't get weathered and chewed on by squirrels, and the list goes on. Not to mention no padlocks, cables, and chains to buy. Once I went to this method ,I can't believe Iused tospend all of that time in the past dragging stands out in sept, hanging, trimming. I can have mine setup quietlyand ready to hunt in 15 minutes.
That is a good idea, but will not work in West Texas. We dont have trees you can use a climber on. Mesquiets dont grow big, or straight up. You have to be creative in hanging a stand in West Texas. Besides, No one is "suppose" to be on this land. Money wise, no big deal. I build all my standsout of1 inch square tube. It costs me about 8 bucks a stand. Its the principal behind it. [:@]

Ive already built new ones and replaced them. Locked them on with hardend chains and the locks from my old Sportsters, you remember the kind that had the fork lock. Let them chomp on that next time.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:17 AM

Default RE: Sorry, no good, scum bag!

I checked my stands yesterday and found one stolen and the safety line cut on another. Posted property and it still doesn't deter the slobs. I just can't see any man worth anything stealing from another. Let me catch them in there and see what happens. I am going to hang my 35mm game cam from a tree and see what I get. I'll post the pictures at every grocery store, butcher shop and sportsmen club in the area til I find the SOB.