Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WI hunters kill wolves >

WI hunters kill wolves

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WI hunters kill wolves

Old 12-17-2006, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: WI hunters kill wolves

ORIGINAL: nodog

Why would they go farther than they had too? As far as I'm concerned any impact on the deer herd is more than I care for. The only benefit I've seen listed to the wolf is it attacks coyotes. What happens when it's done with those? Wolves kill coyotes. Coyotes=dogs. Wolves kill dogs. Do you have any idea how many dog lovers there are? Forget about the deer. Should people be forced to live with a threat to what they consider a family member?

I've read enough history, both local and world, with no intension of learning about the wolf, that detailed mans struggles with the wolf to know I don't care to live with them. Interestingly enough that same history predicts that man one day will be the dinner of not just the wolf but all predators, so the current love affair that some have for them is no surprise to me. They have to get there some how, if things are to be as thought to be.

An interesting observation. People often resemble the dog/cannine they love, in looks and characteristics.

Here's another. The American natives attacked the settlers in the night. What were they resembling when they did? What gave them the idea?
[/quote]

Speechless...pass me what you're smokin'...cuz you in the spirit world bro
Old 12-17-2006, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: furgitter

Attacking at night may have been learned by watching wolves,bears,raccoons,oppossums,skunks.....almost anything realy.Using a bow at night may have been a plus because there eyes were already adapted to the dark before the attack, and was not ruined by muzzle flash.
Ill concur that they do tear up the coyotes,and i apreciate that.A pack of coyotes can do more dammage than one wolf.Ive caught 20 coyotes i a single back yard,in 10 days.They were over running the place.Nobody could own a dog because it got snatched off the porch as soon as they got it.Sometimes peoples dogs got snatched off the leash while the owners were walking them in the daytime! That month I caught 150 coyotes and quit keeping count.Its a big world out there,And animals act differantly where ever you go.
150 coyotes in a month??? Where do you live?
Old 12-17-2006, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dont even start.That was in 2005 and i can still smell em.I live in Wi. but i got this company started in Calif. You see some pretty odd stuff in this bussiness,but that year San diego was full of coyotes.This year,not verry many.I am not sure if i hit em that hard,or if they got so thick that sickness took them back,or what.Funny, In what is known as americas finest city,Theres sharks in the water,Gang bangers on the street,Killer bees in your back yard,and mountain lions on the trail.13 years of that was enough for me.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: furgitter

Dont even start.That was in 2005 and i can still smell em.I live in Wi. but i got this company started in Calif. You see some pretty odd stuff in this bussiness,but that year San diego was full of coyotes.This year,not verry many.I am not sure if i hit em that hard,or if they got so thick that sickness took them back,or what.Funny, In what is known as americas finest city,Theres sharks in the water,Gang bangers on the street,Killer bees in your back yard,and mountain lions on the trail.13 years of that was enough for me.
What business, if I may ask???
Old 12-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Animal dammage control.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer attack more people in North America then wolves do every year.Theyre also responsible for more human deaths every year.Millions of dollars in property damage from urban deer and car crashes.Wolves take an occasional livestock animal , deer eat and destroy millions of dollars in crops each year.Realisticaly deer are much more destructive then wolves have ever been.look at the problems we could have avoided earlier in the century if we had just gone ahead and finished wiping whitetails off the continent.Why do some of you feel deer have a place in the wildand wolves should be killed at random?If you wanna be fair we should do away with all the deer regulations and make the real problemed animal extinct, the deer
Old 12-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I say kill all the wolves. There useless. Theres more wolves where i hunt in Northern Wisconsin than there is deer. I only seen 2 deer all season and 1 was getting killed by a wolf. I don't blame people that shoot wolves, hek i would to but i dont wanna get my license taken away. Hopefully the wolves will move down south so everybody else knows how it feels not to see deer.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

The way people drive on the freeway is what kills them.The deer just got in the way.Some accidents cant be avoided.My nephue lost a windshield to a turkey. Stuff happens i guess,I dont think the turkey ment to do it. And i dont think deer throw themselves in front of speeding cars on purpose.And i dont believe wolves attack anything or anyone by mistake.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

furgitter, theres people attacked and even killedby deer every year, hunters during the rut, urban dwellers feeding deer in thier backyard because theyre such pretty animals, people that raise them and have had them since fawns and the deer suddenly turns on them.Are these just accidents as well or intentional?These occurences are getting more common every year and are far more frequent then wolf attacks.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Funny thing you should mention that,I was just on the phone talking to a guy in San diego whos neighbor got killed in his own back yard by a rutting buck.They can be pretty stupid and unpredictable for a short time every year,in case you arent too familiar with them.And read the lable on the lure bottle,if you wear the stuff you are asking for it from deer and everything that eats them.I dont know what it is about chainsaws but i hear more wood cutters talk about getting run over every year.

Quick Reply: WI hunters kill wolves

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.