Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WI hunters kill wolves >

WI hunters kill wolves

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WI hunters kill wolves

Old 12-15-2006, 02:40 PM

Default RE: WI hunters kill wolves

Do the math: 500 wolves eating 50 deer each, per year equals 25,000 deer. Measure the amount of country in northern WI, and you will find that the range occupied by wolves is more than 25,000 square miles. So wolves are eating one deer per square mile. Average deer populations in northern WI are about 20 deer per square mile.

Y'all get over it. Wolves are not affecting deer hunting, and they aren't attacking humans.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:16 PM

ORIGINAL: waiting_for_a_gift

Do the math: 500 wolves eating 50 deer each, per year equals 25,000 deer. Measure the amount of country in northern WI, and you will find that the range occupied by wolves is more than 25,000 square miles. So wolves are eating one deer per square mile. Average deer populations in northern WI are about 20 deer per square mile.

Y'all get over it. Wolves are not affecting deer hunting, and they aren't attacking humans.
AMEN.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hate to keep this one going,and im not doing it to be a turd.I too dont condone shooting them off untill its good to go with the DNR.And you have a verry good point about corn being worth money too and deer killing more people on the freeway than wolves in the woods.I guess i dont trust a wolf more because if he kills someone,he huntedthem ,and did it on purpose. If you hit a deer with a vehicle,its your own fault.Ive done it,So have my kids.We learned to drive in deer country and it hasnt happened since.Then you have the connection some dairy farmers have with there cows.Heck, some even have music playing for them 24/7.You can immaging how they feel when they get tore up.Im not saying anyone should light torches and get the pitchforks out,But i am saying,you can watch them,and think about how neet they look all you want,I will be doing my watching from a distance,untill seasion opens,Then i will watch them on the other end of my rifle.
ORIGINAL: gwrbassin

I have read all the reply on this topic and felt I needed to add a reply myself. I have read were wolves kill cattle and humans and how horrible they are and that all should be killed. I only have a few questions as to why this is. I have never seen a wolf in the wild because I live in central IL and there are none here that I know of. So on with the questions. why is cattle considered more valueable than crops. Deer destroy numerous crops and fields costing alot of money to farmers each year. And why is a wolf that has hardly any documented cases of acting humans worse for humanes than deer that are hit by cars each year and do cause deaths to humans. I am not trying to start an arguement but I just do not see how wolves are so much of a worse animal than a deer. If we were on here saying kill every deer we saw there would be all kinds of posts stating let them grow and all. I feel until they make it legal to hunt them they should be left alone.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

What purpose do wolves surve. We cant use them as a food source they reduce the deer population but we can do that ourselfs they kill cattle they have no use and their was a bounty for a reason. face it the old timers had their act togather and hows that go history has a tendency to repeat itself. They are not needed and definatly dont need to be federally protected. Their all over in northern wisconsin and our making a drop in deer up their I hunt up their all the time. They should be kept in check like all animals espiecally preditory ones so they know man is also a preditor. And dan that wolve kill if I remember correctly was last winter but was in ancrage alaska. but im not 100 percent sure it was by the dump where the wolves dont fear people though. Their was a bounty on them for a reason and thats all that needs to be said in my oppinion.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: furgitter

Its realy not a healthy one you need to worry about so much.And there are plenty of deer to go arround.My nephue shot a doe this year and she ran into a hole in the brush,with a big black wolf right behind it.I guess it was just that deers day,She was getting ate one way or another.When he told me a wolf took his deer i was realy blown away,but after i hung up,I thaught Who was taking whos deer?I dont like them,They were killed off for a reasion.They are distructive to our livestock,and they will eat you.Now the packs will have to grow to nusance size before we start the slow process of killing them off again.I wonder how many people will get tore up and eaten before that happens.In San diego little kids and grown ups get bitten by coyotes all the time.Hit google and southern calif.coyote attacks.it will show the last 80 or so attacks reported.Most go unreported.So before you get in bed with the wolves,take a good look at one up close,and ask yourself who is the fittest,and do i want to survive!
Killed off for a reason? What..because of over-zealous stupidity? They will eat you? Go smoke another party stick...show me documentation of that.

Like any animal whose world has been turned upside down by humans...they must be managed but to "kill them off" is stupid, barbaric, and unbelievable coming from any "hunter".
Old 12-16-2006, 02:53 PM

ORIGINAL: wolfen68

ORIGINAL: furgitter

Its realy not a healthy one you need to worry about so much.And there are plenty of deer to go arround.My nephue shot a doe this year and she ran into a hole in the brush,with a big black wolf right behind it.I guess it was just that deers day,She was getting ate one way or another.When he told me a wolf took his deer i was realy blown away,but after i hung up,I thaught Who was taking whos deer?I dont like them,They were killed off for a reasion.They are distructive to our livestock,and they will eat you.Now the packs will have to grow to nusance size before we start the slow process of killing them off again.I wonder how many people will get tore up and eaten before that happens.In San diego little kids and grown ups get bitten by coyotes all the time.Hit google and southern calif.coyote attacks.it will show the last 80 or so attacks reported.Most go unreported.So before you get in bed with the wolves,take a good look at one up close,and ask yourself who is the fittest,and do i want to survive!
Killed off for a reason? What..because of over-zealous stupidity? They will eat you? Go smoke another party stick...show me documentation of that.

Like any animal whose world has been turned upside down by humans...they must be managed but to "kill them off" is stupid, barbaric, and unbelievable coming from any "hunter".
Thank you.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:55 PM

ORIGINAL: hoseromon

We cant use them as a food source they reduce the deer population but we can do that ourselfs
We can? If that is true, then why do we have the deer population problem in WI?

Like I have said before. People need to get educated about wolves and quit living in the past.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Typical Buck

What purpose do wolves surve. We cant use them as a food source they reduce the deer population but we can do that ourselfs they kill cattle they have no use and their was a bounty for a reason. face it the old timers had their act togather and hows that go history has a tendency to repeat itself. They are not needed and definatly dont need to be federally protected. Their all over in northern wisconsin and our making a drop in deer up their I hunt up their all the time. They should be kept in check like all animals espiecally preditory ones so they know man is also a preditor. And dan that wolve kill if I remember correctly was last winter but was in ancrage alaska. but im not 100 percent sure it was by the dump where the wolves dont fear people though. Their was a bounty on them for a reason and thats all that needs to be said in my oppinion.
Who the flock are you to determine what living thing is "needed" and "serves a purpose"? Yeah those "old timers" were frickin' rocket scientists weren't they? Guess they didn't see much use for the Native Americans either did they? And they frickin' decimated the deer populations as well as every other wild animal until modern day educated biologists finally were able to step in with the support of other enlightened individuals with some foresight and established management practices that allow the likes of you and I to have a healthy population of wild game to hunt.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:03 PM

Couldn'thave said it better myself. As a hunter and photographer I have learned to see the beauty in all creatures.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cant think of anything positive about them,Mabe someone can enlighten me.They do look cool,but if i want to see one ill get on a plane and see one somewhere else.Thats not an option,realy.I gotta see them at the end of the block.Not often enough to say it alwayse happens,twice a year lately.probobly just passing through.I can only see it getting worse as populations grow and they arent affraid of people.Mountain lions eat people,Bears eat people, and people will get eaten by wolves.Thats my projection.Then we will mabe decide that they werent maintained closely enough.We did fine without them for 100 years.Who was the brainiack that decided it was a smart thing to do,HAY,I KNOW, LETS BRING WOLVES INTO AN AREA THAT THEY HAVENT BEEN FOR A CENTURY.ITS THE SAME AS WHEN THEY WERE HERE BEFORE RIGHT? Wrong.If they dont kill off alot of the deer,25-50 per year,per wolf,then what good are they doing.You guys can hug em all you want,im not putting myself on the menue. I dont trust em.Sorry i offended anyone,I dont trust wolf dogs either,or pit bulls.
ORIGINAL: wolfen68

Who the flock are you to determine what living thing is "needed" and "serves a purpose"? Yeah those "old timers" were frickin' rocket scientists weren't they? Guess they didn't see much use for the Native Americans either did they? And they frickin' decimated the deer populations as well as every other wild animal until modern day educated biologists finally were able to step in with the support of other enlightened individuals with some foresight and established management practices that allow the likes of you and I to have a healthy population of wild game to hunt.

Quick Reply: WI hunters kill wolves

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.