Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Input on some hunts you would like to see!! >

Input on some hunts you would like to see!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Input on some hunts you would like to see!!

Old 12-13-2006, 05:13 PM
Banned

Default Input on some hunts you would like to see!!

Sarah and I are planning our hunts this year and we want to do hunts that are different than the same bowhunts you see on TV. We want to do hunts a little different than your typical way, Example: TeeJay and I were talking today about turkey hunting out of a blind; fun to do but boring as hell to watch on TV. We are going to do some turkey hunts this spring with NO blind. Put the camera man in a DB blind but the shooter just using great camo. We are talking with a buddy that is an expert at stalking mule deer and antelope and are working on a hunt with him; once again, fun to sit in a blind and shoot an antelope or muley with a bow, boring as hell to watch on TV. This type of in your face hunting is much harder and your success rate is lowerbut we feel it is more satisfying to watch than a kill out of a blind.I plan on doing some late season coyote calling and bowshooting as no one seems to be doing this. Another question; would you prefer watching a great rabbit bowhunt in the snow, carp bowfishing,other midwest hunts or ahigh fence ,game preserve 170-180 class deer hunt like you can see just about any day on TV?We sure appreciate your input!!
Thank you!!!
Last question; if it is suggested that we getinto gun hunting(which I am not crazy about),I prefer to scratch all modern firearms and do black powder flintlock; more appealing to you?
Old 12-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Spike

Default RE: Input on some hunts you would like to see!!

anything except high fenced hunts. i think they are a joke. i would rather shoot a doe then a 180" buck that is inside a fence. just my opinion.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:57 PM

Public land hunts.

I couldn't care less about watching small game hunts.

Show the viewers WHY you place your stands/ground blinds where you do.

Don't just hunt, teach. That's what most shows lack. 25 minutes of commercials, 5 minutes of hunt, and its over. Teach us something on every episode whether is calling technique, stand placement, or bow tuning, but teach us something.

African hunts are something I always love to watch. Maybe its just because the game seems so exotic living where I do, but I can't get enough of watching hunts taking place in africa.

Don't act. Don't script anything. Show the bloopers. I like to know that the people I'm watching are just that, people. Show the misses, show the emotion, but act as little as possible.

If you make it big, remember where you came from. You were just like us at one point, don't be a Jackie Bushman. [:'(]
Old 12-13-2006, 06:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Public land hunts

Don't act. Don't script anything. Show the bloopers. I like to know that the people I'm watching are just that, people. Show the misses, show the emotion, but act as little as possible.

ditto!! i to love to bowhunt ., but i also hunt with rifle ,and muzzleloader. i think washington hunter hit it just right ., good luck to you hardcore on what ever you do. oh and one more thing ., there is nothing better then a kid taking there first deer, there is another suggestion!
Old 12-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

all of it sounds good except fo rhte canned hunts and i dont know if you would be interested bu ti aske dfor a camera for christmas and if i kill one of video ill let you put it on the website and you can bet there will be no fences just oak ridges
Old 12-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats sounds great having the hunter out of the blind and a caller close behind him and even a coyote hunt maybe hunt for elk and moose , pronghorns and cougers.
Don't forget to show footage of scouting and tracking , show rubs and scraps and all that good stuff it's what hunting all about.
By the way I put your web site to my favroite place's so I can be one click away and I like the wat you added on to it.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Night time bow hog hunt. I'll be happy to put you on the hogs. you have to be ready when the lights come on. What a blast!
Old 12-13-2006, 07:12 PM

flintlock hunting is a blast HCH. it runs a very close second in my book to bowhunting. I've only ever saw one person hunting with a flintlock on tv and that was Bob Fulkrod which makes sense since he is from PA and we have a flintlock only deer season here. But he was hunting Elk out west with his flintlock.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:20 PM

I think you should stick to bow hunting since that seems to be where your passion is.
I also agree with the "teach us something" that was mentioned.
Keep it real(I know you will)

Old 12-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hardcore just have a few questions if you don't mind.
Are you planing on trying to sell these videos/hunts on film? Or are you going to share them on your website for everyone to see for free?
Also it sounds like you are trying make your hunting apart time/full timebusiness. Nothing wrong with that, if that is your dream, just keep itreal and have fun with it.

Quick Reply: Input on some hunts you would like to see!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.