Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are they here? (peta) >

Are they here? (peta)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are they here? (peta)

Old 12-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default Are they here? (peta)

How many of you think that PETA surfs this sight and sights like itfishing for info and what not? This year was the first time I have ever run into these people that actually showed up ata bird hunting destination just in my opinion to annoy the bag out of hunters. Anybody else run into this?
Old 12-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Are they here? (peta)

It is against the law in Texas toharass a hunter. If they show up to give me a hard time I will call the law in a heartbeat. I will also have the camera out taking photos of faces and license plates. I am sure they visit this and other sites. i know some guys here that visit peta, hsus sites too. kinda keeping an eye on the enemy.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

We leave the alone, but they ALWAYS seem to attack us, it is unjust and unfair, I wish we had the right to call the law on people who verbally abuse us here in IL. I have not had it happen, but I know there will be a day when I am going to snap on someone, considering hunting is something that I live by...
Old 12-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: -DeerSlayer-

We leave the alone, but they ALWAYS seem to attack us, it is unjust and unfair, I wish we had the right to call the law on people who verbally abuse us here in IL. I have not had it happen, but I know there will be a day when I am going to snap on someone, considering hunting is something that I live by...
deerslayer you are young, no need to snap.

PETA did a protest at KFC here last year. I bought them some chicken, and Sat out in front and ate it with them(in front of them) and wavied to the crowd. Showed folks what a joke they are, I got more thumbs up then they did[8D] Yes they called me every name in the book, I just smile and enjoyed my finger licking good chicken!!
Old 12-13-2006, 11:50 AM

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman
know some guys here that visit peta, hsus sites too. kinda keeping an eye on the enemy.
The easiest way to do that is to sign up for their email lists. I get them from HSUS all the time since they've been the most active in my area.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:05 PM

I wish we had the right to call the law on people who verbally abuse us here in IL.

DeerSlayer-I live in IL too. We do have hunter harassment laws. Unfortunatly even if you get one of them in trouble it is like adding fuel to thier fire. I think getting ticketed and arrested may be a goal of theirs.

Once, I was in Farm n Fleet right around gun season, and there was a group of anti's.They bought every box of slugs they had on the shelf.I laughed at them so hardI almost cried. Considering money from their purchase went towards preserving hunting land for our future.... and a few hours later there is a whole new load of slugs on the shelf.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

If theyre here I bet theyre offended by my screenname
Old 12-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

You guys will appreciate this: The Campus Vegans used to protest beef farming with an on campus "Hunger Strike"about once a month, and assemble on Old Main lawn with signs and bullhorns, the whole nine yards... Well, myself and a few enterprising fraternity brothers took it upon ourselves to attend their protests and "Protest the Protest" with steak hoagies, dripping with grease and cheese,and sit on the steps chowing down while they all stared razor blades at us. One thing about the vegan chicks - there were some hotties, but we never had much luck with 'em due to the political divide. They were nice to look at anyway.

It's one thing to be a vegan and be selective in what you eat. That's your own choice, your own prerogative, and I couldn't give a hoot. I eat a boca burger now and then, it's no big deal. Besides, Americans could stand to be a little more health conscious anyway. But, it's a completely different thing to actively try to recruit others to boycott meat andhelp put honest farmers out of business. I think Oprah tried that once... and we all know what I think about Oprah.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd hate to think what would happen if they ever showed up and harrassed the group I hunt with. Heck we knock the crap out of each other after a few beers. My one bud we call Crazy Keith would go insane. You can look at him wrong and he's ready to fight.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

They are absolutely here. I've been misquoted from my Recovery thread pinned at the top of the page on a page I found. I did a search on Yahoo on my name looking for a particular article and I found the misquote because my name was attached to it.

Just like we float to theirs, don't think they are not here. We had to remove many over the years because they can't educationally debate their view. I would welcome a friendly debate but with them, there is no friendly debate, they have one agenda and are blind to reality.

Quick Reply: Are they here? (peta)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.